What's new

Spectre SoundBar SB301524W With Integrated Android 4.0 Mini PC (1 Viewer)

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
Spectre announced the Spectre SoundBar SB301524W today. What's special about a soundbar these days? Well, I haven't seen one with Google's Android running it. Android 4.0.4 enables users to connect to the internet and download apps from Google Play Store. It has a 1 GHz ARM Cortex-A9 single-core processor sporting ARM Mali-400 graphics and supported by 1GB of RAM. It includes 4GB of built-in storage, output resolutions ranging from 480i to 1080p and audio RCA and 3.5mm jacks, together with SD card slot and 2 x USB 2.0 ports. If you don't have an ethernet connection handy, wifi is also supported.

Since they talk about video output resolutions, the soundbar must hook up to your HDTV. That's something that I haven't see before. However, if you didn't hook up the video, then it would be kind of impossible to purchase something from the Google store.

overview.jpg

At any rate, the SB301524W (how do they come up with model numbers like that?) fitted with stereo 18W speakers and a 35W subwoofer.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
They missed the boat on that thing...Yes, to use it, it uses the TV as a screen...via HDMI. It should come with HDMI inputs, but it only comes with a digital coax and RCA/3.5 analogs. Apparently they wish people to connect the BD/PS3/XBox to the TV, then run audio back to the soundbar.Great idea with an enormous D'oh...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks