What's new

Special Replay TV Offer (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I just noticed on the ReplayTV site that they are running a limited time special on a factory refurbished 5040 (40 hour recording time) including lifetime service activation for $329.99. Normally the two would run for about $550.

Check here for the details.

Parker

Todd Alexander

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered one about a week and a half ago, it is still in the "Processing" stage, and there are no phone numbers to dial to request a status or shipping estimate. Kind of lame.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Hmm...thanks for the feedback. Sounds lame to me too but they do say and their site there is about a 2 week window for shipping time. You should be able to talk to someone though.

Parker

Camp

Senior HTF Member
who cares how lame the wait is...it's an awesome deal! (assuming ReplayTV is stays in business)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Camp:

Not only are they still in business they are now owned by Denon.

I talked with Gabriel with Got Apex on our Deals page and he said that the orders for these units has been so large that they are selling new units to keep up with the orders. It is even a better now as the price on these is going to be going up soon. The offer is only good for the next couple of weeks.

Parker

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
This deal has been running for several weeks now, I'm surprised this is the 1st you've heard of it. Up until the end of May you could get it for $280, with the right coupon code.

Joe McKeown

Stunt Coordinator
Just ordered. Missed the $280 though:angry: Still, it's under $350 including shipping so I'm pretty happy.:)

Todd, The web site says, shipping is between May 30th - June 13th, so the wait should be almost over...

I'm assuming this means it shipps on June 13th, so anything sooner will make me pretty happy.

I just downloaded DVArchive, and verified the remote code is in my Kameleon, I havn't been this psyched about a purchase in a long time...

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I jumped in and order too!
I'm a former Tivo user and I hope ReplayTV is just as good.

Parker,

Have you heard of anyone actually receiving a new unit with this deal? The guys over at AVS (sorry!) say they're all refurbs.

OT: I didn't know HTF started in Missouri. What part of the state are you in? Are the servers located near you or are they remote? Trivial, but interesting as I'm in St. Louis.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Camp:

All I know is that I was told that the orders for the refurbs have been so many that they are sending out new units to keep up with the orders. I don't know if there is any way to tell one way or another.

HTF didn't start up in Missouri. It started up on the internet in California, then Texas and a few others until we ended up with Tim Flavin and Internet 1st out of St. Louis. The servers are now in Boise Idaho with QWK.net. I live on the other side of the state in Kansas City.

Parker

Lyndon Allydice

Auditioning
Parker,
They are not sending out new units to cover orders. There are enough refurb units available to fulfill all orders placed so far.

That was just speculation on a few sites that we ran out of units the first few days.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Lyndon,

I didn't even notice you worked for ReplayTV. Very cool that you "hang out" at the forum.
Any idea why there are so many refurbished units? What is the #1 reason for these unit to be returned (best guess). Also, do you know anything about the release of the new software? I'm told rollout was slowed to correct bugs but I wonder if it was really slowed to remove the commercial advance feature.

Lyndon Allydice

Auditioning
The release was slowed to fix a lockup bug that about 25 out of about 800+ reported at the time the rollout was frozen. This isn't the same as the modem lockup issue.

So, now, the modem issue is better, but not fixed. And, the other issue seems to be fixed as well.

I don't have any specific data to give you on returns. But, in general, most units returned have no hardware defects. Some returns were due to bugs that are now fixed in 5.0 - responsiveness, occasional random lockups, channel change speed, etc...

Joe McKeown

Stunt Coordinator
Oh Well, I was hoping to get a new instead of a scratch-and-dent, but it's cool.

Any idea what the backlog is for shipping?

Joe

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Lyndon:

Thanks for the feedback. It is best to get the information straight from the vendor instead of second hand so I appreciate it.

I sure wish that D&M hadn't decided to get rid of the commercial advance and the sending of data across the net between machines. Especially the commercial advance as this is a feature that I really enjoy. Sure beats having to hit the quick skip option over and over.

Do you know if you will still be able to view what you recorded on one machine via another machine in the same house? In other words if I record a program on my living room machine and I want to watch it on my bedroom machine via the network connection will I still be able to with the 5500 series?

Parker

Joe McKeown

Stunt Coordinator
Bowing down to advertisers is a bad idea.

Lyndon,
I meant to say in my previous post that I believe it is a very good thing when people like yourself come to the forum to represent their companies. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks