Speakers with two sets of inputs

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by dbenny, Jan 27, 2013.

1. dbenny

dbenny Auditioning

I have a pair of tower speakers made by severtson corporation, who makes cinema screens and who briefly manufactured home theater sound systems. The literature rates their imp0edance at 8 ohms, but they have two sets of inputs, assumable one for lower frequencies and one for higher frequencies. My question is, if they are rated at 8 ohms, can I run two wires from the same connector on the back of my home theater receiver and connect to these two inputs, or will that cause the impedance to drop to 4 ohms? There is a four ohm setting on the receiver, just wnating to make sure I am not going to blow up my reciever. thanks.

2. Brainwasher

Brainwasher Stunt Coordinator

Luke
    Is there some sort of plate or otherwise connecting them? The four posts are for bi-wiring a separate amplifier. You only need one set of speaker as long as the posts are linked. This will maintain the 8 ohm impedance. You can connect to either set of posts as long as the link is there.

3. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    It would help to snap a picture. I have a feeling these speakers can only be used bi-amped.