What's new

Speakers in Multiple Rooms (1 Viewer)

tsbrower

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
I recently purchased a Panasonic 5.1 surround home theater system (model# SC-PT760) which sounds pretty good and works really well for what we use it for. Lately I've decided I would like to run some speakers out to my patio and would like to use the panasonic because it has a good tuner and iPod dock.

The problem I have is that this unit only has 5 speaker outputs for the 5 surround speakers, then one set of RCA jacks for AUX in, and one digital optical audio jack (in).

With this configuration, is it possible to hook up a speaker selector and acheive what I want to do?

Thanks for any input!!

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
I copied this from the Panasonic web site for your receiver Is this what you are looking for? SC-PT760 - DVD Home Theater Systems - Shop and Compare at Panasonic

Wireless Features
With the included Wireless Kit for Rear Speakers, no cables means no clutter. You can also expand your music listening into three additional rooms with the wireless multi-room speaker kit (SH-FX85 sold separately). Play your favorite music from your living room and listen to it in your bedroom, in the den, or even in the garage2.

tsbrower

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
Thanks for the replies.

My problem is, the Panasonic has no Aux Out to go to an additional amp/receiver. My only option (I think) along that route is to use the additional receiver as an Aux In, in which case I lose the function of the Panny's iPod through that source.... Is this a correct assumption?

Bill - I saw that and seriously considered it. My only hesitation is the use of the Sh-FX85 outside. Although it's somewhat portable, I'd rather not have to move it outside every time I wanted to use it. Also, some of the reveiws I read were WAY less than enthusiastic.

I think I may be down to upgrading here.....

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
You'd connect a speaker selector by cutting the ends plus a couple of extra feet of length off the speaker wires for the left and right speakers. Then connect both the home theater speakers and patio speakers to the speaker selector as well. The speaker selector will have instructions on how to do the connections.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
Scott,

Hind sight is always 20/20. I have had stereo music systems for over 40 years but I was new to HT. I was confused by all the new equipment and felt lost. Before I purchased any equipment I joined this Forum and just cruised around and read what others had to say on a variety of topics.

I now realize that if I had not done this I would probabley made a lot of bad choices in the equipment I would have purchased. I am not saying that one brand is better or worse than another but some equipment like the unit you purchased did not meet your needs to have a second outdoor speaker system.

Unfortunately for you are now going to have to upgrade to get what you want.

tsbrower

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
Thanks Wayne - I was hoping something like this would work. Will there be any effect to the integrity of the left/right speakers by doing this? That was my only concern.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks