What's new

Speakers....grills off? (1 Viewer)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I agree with Chris. I was never especially impressed with the 600 series (last ones I heard were 601 and 602 S3). The CDMs are one of my favorite lines of speakers, however. IMO, the CDMs sounded better than the v2 Studios already...so I'd expect the 700s to best the v3 Studios as well (but also cost more). I'll be doing some auditioning with a friend for his system in the next two weeks, so I will get to spend some time with the 700s. :D

I had v3 40s at home for a week and a half, and while they were good, I did not end up buying them after comparing them to the GRs, and the GRs cost less. I actually felt the NHT M6s sounded as good as the v3 40s. Though they have less bass, they are also much less expensive.

When I want to do critical listening, I take the grills off, but that is not so often. When I audition, I try them with grills on and off.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
I was just watching the documentary on the scoring of The Two Towers and noticed that in the mixing room of the Abbey Road Studios in London they were using B&W Nautilus 800 Series speakers for playback. They had the grilles off. :D

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think it makes a real difference if the grill is on or off...I think it's all asthetics (sp?).

Have them look the way you want them too...if any sound is truely absorbed/reflected by the grill it's a very small amount.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks