What's new

Speakers for Whole Home Audio (1 Viewer)

Forpar70

Auditioning
Real Name
margaret1
I have entertained the thought of Whole Home Audio for some time but have never researched it. I can do wire runs, speaker installs etc to keep budget down. I have come across some JBL C24CT speakers at my workplace for no cost; could I use these in a Home Audio system? Any thoughts on the HTD Lync systems? Thanks for your help.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
That JBL is intended for 70/100v. However, most speakers made for that have alternate connections. Not sure how you can get them "no cost", but they are a $150+ speaker(new). So, find out(I'm on my phone) if they can be ran normal. If not skip them altogether. However if they really are "giving them away"...sell them and buy something else. You don't want the headache of wiring 70v at home. A workplace environment is one thing...

Forpar70

Auditioning
Real Name
margaret1
I will sell them then; they have come out of a Conference Center in a commercial office bldg. I have about (12) of them w/ many of the A/V components that were on the rack. Creston Pro2 controller, TOA 900 series amplifier, Sabine graphic equalizer, Vortex Echo Free sound processor. If I can find a buyer for this stuff; I may be able to purchase much of my system with that money. Thanks for the help.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You might be able to use the Creston and TOA. Again, on the phone so detals are scetchy... If they are both stereo...use them. Most amps(unless they are mono) meant for 70v are also wireable normal. B&H photo sells those JBL for $206/pair new. Boxless and used...you might fetch $500. If you find one person that wants them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks