Speakers for Denon 1803

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Adam Rockstad, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Adam Rockstad

Adam Rockstad Auditioning

Hi, I live in an apartment, and I'm buyin my first home stereo system. After reading various forums and reviews, I'm looking at buying a Denon 1803 reciever. I'm still unsure as to what speakers to get with this. I've been looking seriously at the Klipsch Quintet. I also auditioned a 6.1 Mirage set that included a unimpressive sub for $499. I'm really not looking to spend more than $500 on speakers, so I'm open to any suggestions and advice people on this forum are willing to give. Thank you.

ps. I was looking at either the Klipsch ksw10 or ksw12 subwoofer to coincide with the Quintets.

2. jeff_str

jeff_str Auditioning

People seem to really like the JBL NSP1 setup. Roughly $200, plus a WM40 or that new velodyne and you've got it all for under $500. There are threads on these, just run a few searches.

--jeff_str

3. Rick J

Rick J Stunt Coordinator

hi adam

i have the 1803 with klipsch quintets, 12" sub, and sc-1 center and love the setup for movies! if i were you, i would go for the larger sub, and the center (for

4. Adam Rockstad

Adam Rockstad Auditioning

Thank you for your replies. I'm going to use my setup for music as well as movies, so I'll do a little more research before I finally buy. I'll let everyone know what I end up getting. Thanks again.

5. DarylA

DarylA Agent

Don't forget the Energy exl series. an awesome sound for a reasonable price. Good luck.

6. CurtisSC

CurtisSC Screenwriter

7. DougKuhn

DougKuhn Stunt Coordinator

Hi Adam,

I have the the AVR-1803 as well and recently was in the market for speakers. Living in an apartment with relatively small rooms I ended up buying the JBL SCS150SI's. I picked them up from B&H Photo (online) with free shipping for about $360 (considerably cheaper than many other places).

It is a nice package and fits my living room well with their slim design...and I found after some tweaking they sound quite good as well...playing both music and HT.