What's new

Speaker Upgrade?? (JBL Studio to B&W 600) (1 Viewer)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I tried plugging the ports on my 602s briefly and it had a taming affect. I perceived it somewhat, to taking the punch out of them. I decided I liked them better with out the plugs myself but then you might be just the opposite?

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
I plugged the 602s...then decided against it...I like letting them "breath." To me, they sound better without the plug and I (honestly) don't know why you would want to plug them...granted I know "technically" why you might...but I think they sound toooo good to do that.

Glad you're really liking them Brandon. Definitely made a good choice!!! :emoji_thumbsup:

You'll have to let us know what you think once you get about ~50hrs of use on them.

Another happy B&W/SVS customer. ;)

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Dan,

This afternoon I messed around with plugging the mains and came to the same conclusion as you. They just sounded fuller without the plugs.

I was looking forward to spending some quality time with my speakers this weekend, but alas I have to take a trip to see my girlfriend. Hopefully next weekend I will be able to sit on my couch grining ear to ear.

David Judah

Screenwriter
The plugs are for use when the speakers are up aganst the wall/s. It will smooth the bass boost you get when the speakers are close to a boundary. Otherwise, the low end performance will be similiar to a sealed speaker and not have as much bass.

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks