What's new

Speaker/Sub advice (1 Viewer)

02cumminsboy

Auditioning
Real Name
Dylan
Hey all, first post here, been reading up on some stuff but need some ideas. Right now I'm currently selling my stereo setup and looking to make/buy a new one. I'm selling two cerwin vega sl36 folded horn subs and some ev pa speakers. I'm looking to upgrade my home theater with some of the money I get from this. As of right now I have a pioneer receivermtx fronts. T, pioneer surround bookshelf speaker and mtx fronts. The mtx are more of dj speakers and want to build/buy some nice quality fronts. My plan was to take the mtx speakers apart and use the two 12's in them for subs. I believe there 300w each. If I could build an enclosure for them I have a technical pro amp I could run them off and would have 1100watts of power. Then I would just need to upgrade or build new front speakers. I mostly watch movies and play video games but the bass is always gotta be knocking stuff off the walls. The room is fairly small but has a concrete wall to one side and the other side is only a wall of sheets dividing it from a bigger room. max it is 25x25. Sorry for the long post but hope its made sense. Thanks all, Dylan

02cumminsboy

Auditioning
Real Name
Dylan
Also if the mtx subs from my dj speakers won't give me good bass, how well do the dayton RSS390HF-4 15" speakers soud?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Those aren't subs in your MTX speakers, they are woofers. Yes, they may be the same size as a sub but they have a different function. The Dayton subs are great sounding. I haven't heard that model 15" but I have used many other Dayton models. In fact, my current speakers are Dayton DIII's - http://www.speakerbuilder.net/web_files/Projects/D3/dayton3.htm
the bass is always gotta be knocking stuff off the walls
We will help you but our mission here at HTF is accurate sound and not bass heavy. With the right sub and mains, you can achieve your goal. The biggest issue though will be your budget. As we work through this process, you may have to lower your expectations. World class bass costs money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks