What's new

Speaker Stands for Floor Speakers? (1 Viewer)

PaulD

Auditioning
I have two Sony floor speakers however they are only about 3 feet tall so I was thinking about putting them on some 12" stands. Can you put floor speakers on stands? These speakers have the subwoofer attached on the bottom of the speaker. Any stands you would suggest? Thanks!

Johnny_M

Second Unit
you can put anything on stands, you'll just have to try it, it might affect the subs being further from the ground. find some boxes or something about 12" high to put them on, and see how it sounds.

John

PaulD

Auditioning
anyone else? I want to lift the speakers for better sound but I am worried about how it will affect the bass response. When I throw them up on boxes they seem fine...suggestions?

Gary Mays

Agent
I made "flexy rack" type stands for my 36" Energy C5s. The speakers are elavated about 7", to get the tweeters at my ear level when I'm seated. They look great, too. I originally had them too high; the higher woofer was close to ear level. I found them physically uncomfortable to listen to at that height.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

The above recommendation will work, and you should not notice any change in your bass frequencies.

NOTE: Most speakers that are located in the Front HT channel location - front edge in-line with your TV screen, ... away from the wall will suffer in the bass frequency region - laws-of-physics. As you know, the closer your speaker is to a room / wall boundary, the more bass it will generate.

Phil

PaulD

Auditioning
...that sounds reasonable...any suggestions for what I should place under the front of the speaker to keep it slanted?

Gary, do you have any pics of the stands you made? Would you be interested in making-selling me a pair?

Thanks guys.

Paul

Gary Mays

Agent
Pall D,

PM me you email address and I'll send you a picture. Sorry, I'm not interested in making any for profit. There was a fair amount of work involved. I'll be happy to tell you what I did, though. If you do a search here or on Google for "flexy rack", you'll get the general idea.

Mitch_J

Stunt Coordinator
You might want to try this.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...=240-746&DID=7

Raises floor standing loudspeakers 7" off the floor and angles speaker back slightly. This helps improve clarity and stereo imaging by placing the tweeter axis closer to ear height. Stand width adjustable from 9-1/2" to 15". Black finish. Net weight: 6 lbs. per pair.

Less than 20 bucks too.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Wonder what the weight limit is to that (couldn't find it on the PE site). My old Energy C6s I think are pretty heavy (like over 50lbs each)...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks