What's new

Speaker size small or large (1 Viewer)

jna

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
I'm not sure which setting to set these at so here they are. Polk Tsi 400s for fronts,Polk CS10 for center,Polk Tao 100s for rears and Polk PSW 12 for sub. I have them running off my Pioneer VSX 823 K receiver. Im not sure what to set them at small or large and what level should my low pass be set on the sub? Any help thanks

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Large=not included in bass management
Small=included in bass management

I assume you mean in the AVR what crossover to use. Typically you choose the "highest" low end of your 5 speakers...or 80hz(all 5 of yours can reach 80).

jna

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
Do I set the fronts to large or small. And also the rears.? Some say set them all to small and let the sub do its job

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Do you want your fronts included in bass management? Yes equals small. No equals big.

It has absolutely nothing, at all...to do with speaker size...never, ever has.

jna

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
And on my sub it has a low pass dial and I'm notv sure what level to set it at from 60 hz - 160 hz

jna

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
Sorry for sounding stupid lol. I just got the TSI 400s and wasn't sure what to do

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You aren't the first, and won't be the last, person to be confused by the "dumbest named setting"* in all of home theater.

*You can google Tomlinson Holman(where THX comes from) and the whole stupidity behind "large/small". It makes a great read for those looking for complete stupidity. Basically a career of high points is letdown by one momentary lapse of braincells and pandering to morons...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks