Speaker Settings

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by frava91, Apr 7, 2010.

1. frava91

frava91 Auditioning

Hey guys ive been doing some research about speaker settings but i some doubts r still unanswered. First of all how should i configure the Hz of each speaker? This r the speakers

Polk Audio monitor 70 fronts
    Polk Audio monitor 30 back surr
    Polk Audio monitor 4 surr
    Polk Audio CS3 center

I would really like to know how to set them cause well its my fathers sound system n he has them all in full band plus the sub so its way too much bass the sub is a velodyine DLS-3500R it has a crossover low pass filter that goes from direct to 40hz passing by 80hz. Also the recievers is a onkyo 605 with a lpf of lfe thing. oh n the sub is connect via a digital cable idk how its called

So whats the best settings for this?? and well if u can i would really like some bases, some reasons cause my father is a hard-headed guy hehe

THX guys

2. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    Did you guys run the Audyssey automatic room setup and eq?

I would set the fronts to 80 and the center and surrounds to 100 as a starting point. Set the sub woofers cross-over knob to it's highest setting.

Even though the Monitor 70's are pretty big speakers setting the cross-over to 80 (or 60 for music) lets the sub woofer do what it's designed to do. Handle the low frequencies. It also takes a load off the receiver as the low frequencies are harder to drive then the mid and high frequencies.

3. frava91

frava91 Auditioning

Sorry the front are monitor 60 not 70 hehe... So the cross-over on the sub should be set to the highest, and the one the receiver, the lfp to lfe how should it be set?