What's new

Speaker recommendations - 5.1 for under $1500 (1 Viewer)

DarrenH

Agent
Anyone have a good recommendation for a full 5.1 system for $1500 or less? Here's what I'm looking for:

System will be primarily used for watching TV and movies. Music to a lesser extent, probably 80% video 20% music. For music, I like mostly rock.

Rooom is roughly 16' x 17'

Looking for smaller bookshelves that will be mounted dropped form the ceiling. Center will be on top of TV, and rears mounted to the back wall level with the front speakers.

Easy mounting fittings on the speakers would be a big plus

System will be driven by Sony STR-DA2ES (100 watts per channel, 8 ohms)

I thought maybe the Klipsch RB-10 Home Theater System might be a good fit, though I haven't been to a dealer yet to give them a listen.

http://klipsch.com/products/details/...er-system.aspx

The size is definately a good choice for my needs.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Due to your mounting contraints I would say go w/ some of SVS's overstock SBS speakers and upgrade the sub to a PB12-NSD (also available overstock). They're only available in overstock in White or Silver but the SBS/PB12-NSD combo at $950 + SH would be an amazing deal. Others to look at would be HTD Middy and Pannel Speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks