What's new

speaker packadges (1 Viewer)

blackrain351

Auditioning
Real Name
clayton
well after lots of reading i realized svs subs seem to be the way to go, when it comes to home theater so i will be going with the 12 inch sub.know i was looking at the klipsch synergy 3 speakers only to run into lots of mixed fealing here on this forum. I must say now im confused my budget is under $500 and they must be wall mounted.

in the process of my confusion i discoverd other speak companys like.

Klipsch
SVS
Energy
paradigm
PSB
athena
KEF
B&W

would love some feedback on these if possible?

SethH

Senior HTF Member
How many speakers are you looking for? Two, three, five, six or seven? This will make a huge difference in the recommendations. If the answer is 5 or 7 the you can go ahead and cross SVS and B&W off your list for sure as neither makes speakers that are

blackrain351

Auditioning
Real Name
clayton
it will be a 5.1 surround setup 5 speakers, it can be close to $600 in price that would be ok

John Gates

Second Unit

Klipsch tweeters hurt my ears. I can listen for about 10 minutes and then it starts to bore into my skull. LOL.

Don't trust what you read on the forums... trust your own ears.

Do you like laid back and smooth (silk tweeters), or brite and shiny (metal or horns)?

Listen to some stuff, and report back here about what you liked and why. From there, we can help you build a short list of other stuff to try.

Have fun, and buy the speakers that "speak to you."

John

SHS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
scott
I have to agree. When I first heard Klipsch I thought "HOW WONDERFUL" and then I spent more time listening and found them harsh. YMMV!

Then I decided on JBL's and the low end I bought($$) began to dissapoint me. Now I am in bliss, but it may be short lived. I am happy with the seemingly balanced Paradigms I have.

From what I can tell though, the listening accuity is sharpening with time and experience. Who knows, in a year or so I might want to upgrade but right now I am well pleased.

The problem is that as in any skill you will begin to notice "holes" in the sound and it will begin to nag at you. Your expertise will grow and your ear will be trained.

In the short term I'd recommend getting a more neutral sound, especially for HT ( well, music too). Take this from a rank novice though. Although I am learning...

In your case I would reccomend getting the system in stages. Do not feel as if you need to match speakers with sub manufacturer though. They are different animals and a good sub will blend with most speakers.

With that said, the speakers you listed are interesting, and I could only recommend the ones I have experience with, although there are fans of many brands here. I have personal experince with Paradigm speakers and an SVS sub and I have not heard better in most setups.

One thing is certain, you can "get away" with using less expensive speakers in a primarily HT setup than a primarily music setup and get the same reward. The issue as it has been said and repeated many times as the goal is to get a matched set of the front three speakers as you will notice a timbre mismatch eventually if you do not adhere to this advice. (not so much in the rear channels though) This puts the weight of quality HT sound on the front three and the sub. You can later experiment with Di-pole, bi-pole and variations in between as you tune your theater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks