What's new

Speaker level output to female RCA plug (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Just to make sure that I wire it correctly, if I was to take the +/- from the speaker level outputs of my stock head unit an d wire that using the RCA plugs that I got from knukoncepts, I need to hack apart a short female RCA plug to connect them. In this way, when I do get a new head unit with preouts, it should be trivial to simply remove my adaptor and plug the RCA plug in.

Anyway, just checking that the male RCA plug's tip is considere d Positive and the ring is considered negative, right?

Therefore when I connect the speaker outputs to the female RCA plug I'm hacking I will wire the right connector to each...

Jay

Jared Rachwalsk

Auditioning
Speaker level outputs is much higher voltage than line level (rca). To do this you will want to purchase a LOC - Line Output Converter. It has speaker level inputs, and line level outputs.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
My question still stands. I have a JL 300/4 which does take high level or line level inputs but ONLY has RCA connections. JLA sells a prebuilt connector for $20. I have decided since this is only a temporary condition, I will make my own.

Maybe I'll post in the Connections forum, I presume an RCA cable is an RCA cable be that for cars or the home.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks