What's new

Speaker Level @ LP (1 Viewer)

MasterAudio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
It's virtually impossible for me to get my front mains at ear level. Right now they're mounted to the wall about 7" from the ground angled toward the listening position and completely parallel with the wall.What would be the best option? I was thinking maybe to turn them horizontal and angle them down?Any feed back would be much appreciated. Thank you.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Placing speakers in a horizontal position usually doesn't work out very well. They were designed to sit up-right. You could try angling them down and in towards the sweet spot a bit if you can. But 7' is pretty high up.

MasterAudio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
What would be the best way to angle them down? I've heard people using triangular door stops? Does this work well?

MasterAudio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
They are mounted on swivel brackets that are screwed to my wall. There is a pivoting tweeter, but the speakers are about 7 feet from the ground. I was thinking of turning them horizontal and aiming the tweeter towards the listening position. They're indoor/outdoor speakers and are meant to be either vertical or horizontal. That way I can angle them down if they're horizontal instead of just angling them left or right while they're vertical.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks