What's new

Speaker help! (1 Viewer)

Scott*K

Auditioning
Hi everyone, Im new to this forum and I am wondering if you guys can help me out. I have a set of Cerwin Vegas (DX-5) that I don't want to get rid of and I am looking to match a great Receiver, Sub-woofer and Surround with these speakers. I will be using these for a 50/50 music/hometheater setup. Any recommendations would be great. Thanks Scott

Charlie C

Stunt Coordinator
ok without knowing budget waf factor room size or anything else, I will assume you like it loud and listen to slash rock and metal. I would start with a big SVS sub to match the big CV speakers you have. Then get a yamaha A/V receiver to fit your budget. For surrounds, get some wall mounted ones that take at least 80 watts.

Scott*K

Auditioning
Thanks Charlie, I will have around $2000.00 to spend on this setup. My living room is 13x24 Thanks again.

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
I personally would not dump $2000 into a system anchored by CV mains. Sell em and start from scratch with $2400.

Mike Fassler

Supporting Actor
Or do I like i do with my CV mains use them on an seperate system dedicated to music only, if you have the room. 2000 will buy a pretty spankin complete HT setup if you take a look at whats out there.

Charlie C

Stunt Coordinator
"that I don't want to get rid of " sorry that some people cant read scott*k. dont listen to Brian , wayne or Mike. $2000 will get you a good start on a HT. so no video with the $2000? just sound?

yeah, look at all the receiver companies. denon, Harmon kardon, panasonic, yamaha, sony. all should do your CV's real nice. surrounds can even be CV's if they have ones that would fit your decor. trust me, either build your sub or by an SVS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks