What's new

speaker cable (1 Viewer)

Michael S

Agent
EduardoBonifaz--it would take platinum ears or better to hear almost $20K worth of difference--it is difficult to imagine how a pair of speaker cables could cost as much or more than some people's entire HT or the cost of a medium-priced car.:D

Michael S.

EduardoBonifaz

Stunt Coordinator
Actually I checked some audiophile sites (some serious vinyl fans), and an entry level set upo for vinyl listening costs a lot more money than an entry level HT, personally I´d never listened such a system, I wonder , what kind of sound can you get from a system where a turntable costs more tha your actual car?

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
When you enter into this realm, it's really not about performance anymore. It's about because you can. I don't begrudge anyone because they've got lots of disposable income. Well if they're a prick I do. But really, as your income goes up you tend to indulge yourself and you really don't care if that Aston Martin guzzles gas or if a Ferrari is not as reliable as say a Toyota. That's not what it's about. Lot's of us, regardless of how much or how little we make buy things for a variety of reasons and although a set of Corningware would be more than adequate to eat upon, we buy according to our own peculiar tastes. My main issues with places like AudioQuest is that their claims of audible superiority can't be verified scientifically to be true. That and they speculate like some functionally illiterate person who got their science training on Pet Detective about matters that aren't true. Don't get me started on alternative medicine now!

Lots of people are into appearances for appearances sake. I've been to a few car shows and people like to dress those vehicles up. Quite frankly I'm impressed by how nice they can make the inside of the engine compartment look and if that's what floats your boat, more power to you. Heck one of my son's and my favorite shows on TV is the one that has to do with the father/son team that designs custom choppers. I'm totally blown away by what they can do and at their artistry. OTOH, they don't make claims that their products perform with great superiority. But they're cool.

EduardoBonifaz

Stunt Coordinator
Your very right Chu, when the sponsors of this kind of products make claims about the quality of such expensive items they talk about "sound warmth, imaging, clarity, musicality2, nothing that we can meassure in any reproducible experiment, I´ll keep my Radioshack speaker cable,anyway...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks