What's new

Speaker Cable Question, Help! (1 Viewer)

Willy burz

Stunt Coordinator
I'm running 10 gauge Monster Z-Series cable to my mains and center channel, and regular 16 gauge monster to my four surrounds. Now I am running the surrounds at quite some distance, and heres the question...

If I were to get some Home Depot 10 gauge or 12 gauge cable would it maybe alter the sound a bit to warrant me NOT getting it?!?! Do you guys generally stick with one brand of cable or do you care?!

I think the 16 gauge holds up with my back runs of 50 feet(after hidden and around objects, etc) still sound fine, maybe I'm missing something. Basically I'd like to get 12 gauge or something for the surrounds but don't want to pay a fortune because of the lengths!

I'll take all the feedback you guys got!! Thanks.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Doubtful you'd notice the difference. Myself I recommend 12 all around simply because you can buy a long spool at a discount. No problem mixing and matching.

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
I agree with Chu. I really doubt you could hear a difference, but every little upgrade helps in some sort way. I recommend checking out www.ac4l.com. I believe they have a 50ft or 100ft of 13ga flat speaker wire for pretty cheap. Made by IXOS. Very good quality. Check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks