What's new

Speaker Box (1 Viewer)

chrisofalt

Auditioning
Real Name
Christopher
I am moving into a house where they put speakers in 5 separate rooms (4 inside and a pair outside). I have a brand new Pioneer Receiver. Should I also purchase a 6-Channel Speaker Box to connect to the receiver so that I can select certain rooms to have the music play in? The speakers in each room are "in ceiling" speakers. Thanks, Chris.

DaveTheAVDude

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave Hensley
Are there volume controls in each room as well? If so, check to see if they are impedance matching volume controls. If they are, verify that they are set properly and you are good to go. If they are not impedance matching, then you absolutely need a speaker selector to protect your receiver. Also, if there are no volume controls in each room, you can buy a speaker selector with volume controls built in. Not as convenient, but still works.

chrisofalt

Auditioning
Real Name
Christopher
Thanks so much for the reply. I am going to get a 6-speaker box with 6 different volume controls. Not too invonvenient, cause the house isn't huge, but that will do the trick. Thanks, Buddy! -Chris.

DaveTheAVDude

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave Hensley
Sure thing! Good luck. I have used this one many times in the past. Niles Audio SSVC-6. http://www.nilesaudio.com/product.php?prodID=SSVC-6&recordID=Speaker%20Selectors%20with%20Volume%20Controls&categoryID=Speaker%20Selectors&catcdID=7&prdcdID=FG01044

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks