speaker advice needed an appreciated...

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by diceman1000, Jan 19, 2014.

1. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    It is always best to stick with 1 brand. The DV52 is even smaller than the Dayton. And around the same price.Or. If you keep the wood look. The V52 on EBay have been as cheap as $50 shipped.There is no difference, at all, in the tweeter/woofer V to DV.The difference is cabinet.If you don't care for the plastic DV52(black or white...would white work better?)...get a pair of used wood V52.

2. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Oh yeah. The 52 and 62 use different styled dome.Same material...but.62 is outward dome.52 is inverted with a wave guide.You won't notice a difference.

3. diceman1000

diceman1000 Stunt Coordinator

Received my center channel today, it's HUGE! :)

4. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    I'm interested in how blown away you are over the current center...

5. diceman1000

Me too:DGotta wait for the new entertainment center snd our living room remodel to be done

6. diceman1000

Stay away from an internet company called rolmarkt.com, it is a scam

7. diceman1000

Well guys, got my Dayton SUB-1000 and my B652s ordered yesterday. I went with the Daytons because of price and the fact that I have a killer pair of SEAS aluminum tweeters to replace the mylar ones that come stock. I tested out the center the other day, AWESOME right out of the box, can't wait to get the whole thing set up:D

8. michaeltrottar

BIC is the best....

9. Nemesis7575

Nemesis7575 Auditioning

Just got Infinity Primus 363s and I love them. You'd love them too I'm sure. Sounded more bright and detailed than Klipsch Icons which sounded dull when compared side by side with the Infinity's

10. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    Congrats on the new speakers! Not surprising you preferred them over the Icons as apparently they weren't one of Klipsch's better efforts, or so I've heard (actually, I haven't heard them myself :blush: ).

Apparently the Infinity Primus 360's and 363's can be modified with very good results. Mostly linning the interior walls with sound deadening material and adding more internal bracing (Google).

I remember some previous buyers openning them up and finding loose connections and thin wire. Not un-expected considering the cost and mass production. The bass port was also thought to be mounted to close to the drivers and only 1" in length. One owner stuck a foam plug in the ports and added a slightly larger and deeper port closer to the bottom of the speaker. That was a risky and extensive mod (also killed the warranty) but as I remember he thought it worked out very well. Bass was deeper and less "bloated".

I added some sound deadening material to a pair of Beta 20's a few years ago and it did make a noticable improvement in the bass response.

11. Nemesis7575

Nemesis7575 Auditioning

Thanks for the info. I'm quite happy with the way the sound as is though. They sound fantastic..lolI haven't read a bad review about them yet plus I've had many pairs of Infinity's in my life and have never been disappointed.