What's new

SPARTACUS mini-series discussion thread. (1 Viewer)

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I received the press kit for SPARTACUS yesterday and click below for my review of the mini-series. Do be aware that I might do some changes to the review over the next day (I might add to it if I think of anything more to say)?

http://enterline2.tripod.com/_enterline/id17.html

So who will watch this mini-series? It is quite a good mini-series (better than Helen of Troy or Atilla). It airs this Sunday and Monday (at 8 pm ET/PT) with encores for each part and the whole mini-series also gets shown on April 23 & 27.

So feel free to post your reviews, links to other reviews of this mini-series, and comments on the mini-series.

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

DonMac

Stunt Coordinator
As much as I like the 1960 film, ever since seeing the History Channel story on the "Real" Spartacus, I've been hoping that one day someone would refilm the story with much historic accuracy because the real story is a lot more interesting than the one used for the 1960 film. (For instance, Spartacus and his army actually could've escaped Italy into Europe, but decided to turn around and continue to pillage their way back down the peninsula.)

Unfortunately, this sounds to me more like a remake of the original film, which given how good that one is with that particular take on the story, I don't see much of a point. I just hope I'm wrong and this turns out to be more historical accurate.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
There is pillaging, but the end of the mini-series is different in some ways from the 1960 movie (inlcuding the fate of Spartacus is different).

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
I thought the previews look horrible...I might check it out since I love history...especially ancient Rome history.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks