SP4805 480P Image Issues

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Ed_Furcolow, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Ed_Furcolow

Ed_Furcolow Extra

I recently ceiling mounted my SP4805 Projector, and have now run across an issue when using progressive scan mode through my DVD player. With 2:35 movies it's not a issue as the problem only occurs in the top portion of the screen, but it's HIGHLY noticeable with 1:85 movies. What's happening can be best described as if someone took a pair of scissors and cut about 15 perfect horizontal strips out on top of the picture and then put them back in a fashion where they no longer line up correctly. So if you have a shot in a film where the camera moves up or down, you can really see the image get all out of alignment at the top. If I turn off progressive scan on my DVD player, the problem disappears, but then the colors also become more drab due to the interlaced signal. Yes, I know the SP4805 has the Faroudja Chip in it, but it still just looks better when I let my DVD player run on pro-scan mode. Now the real kicker to this is that I happen to have two SP4805 Projectors in my house at the moment, and three different DVD players, and I've replicated this problem on "both" projectors, running through all three of the DVD players, and using two different sets of cables, so it's not merely an equipment or cable anomaly. As I said, I recently ceiling mounted the projector, and don't ever recall seeing this problem before now. Has anyone else encountered this, and if so, did you find a way to correct it?
    Thanks in advance.