What's new

Southland (Season 1 and 2) (1 Viewer)

Diallo B

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Henry Gale

Canceled

A lot of time could be saved by just showing me a series ahead of time.If I like it...go ahead and cancel it, save time.

terrible news. where did you hear this from.

makes sense considering this would have fit a 10pm slot. and we know what nbc is doing with the 10pm slot. awful news nonetheless.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
nbc is stupid.

While "Southland" enjoyed support among NBC brass last season, after screening the finished episodes from the upcoming second season, the show's content was deemed too dark and gritty for broadcast TV, especially for 9 p.m. Additionally, a high-end drama like "Southland" is certainly far more expensive than newsmagazine "Dateline" for low-trafficked Friday night.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3ieb794c2afa55454155ab3cda7e6e78b4

and based on what this article says if the show's producer gets his way this show will be on another network, will do well and nbc will look like a giant fool again.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Season 2 has now been picked up by TNT

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/southland-set-for-official-pick-up-by-tnt/

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I was so happy a when I heard that a second season was picked up and then I heard NBC cancelled it, I think it was on Attack of the Show. I coulda cried! Thanks TNT!!!
(now bring back Wanted!!!)

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Well so far TNT's Season 2 is only the seven episodes in the can, plus the prior S1 episodes which will air before serving up the new ones. While I might not watch the repeats, I will still DVR them since TNT wants to see how well the show performs in the ratings. Here's hoping TNT will decide to green-light a third season.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Good first episode of the new season...... If the previews live up to they are showing this is going to be a good seven episodes!

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I have a feeling the first few episodes were done when they thought they were going to be on NBC. I believe they got shut down for a bit until the deal with TNT was worked out. Maybe the actor had an out clause or something like that.

So, any word on the likelihood of TNT picking it up for another season? I really enjoy it and it is one of my wife's favorite shows on tv right now.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
So far there has been no word if it has been picked up for a third season. Heck with "Grace" going off the air, I hope they pick this one up and run with it!

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I second that. Southland has such a wonderful gritty vibe. I'll miss Grace, but at least it had a good 4 and a half year run, while Southland is still in its infancy.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

TNT is bringing Southland back for a 3rd season for 10 episodes.

This is great news!!!! Can't wait to see what they do with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks