What's new

South Park - the new episode (1 Viewer)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The Towelie merchandise spot was brilliant. They take what they acknowledge as an incredibly stupid character and aggressively market it to those who both love and hate it, selling the shirts for the same price to either faction. That is such a dead on take on how merchandising works, that the rest of the episode didn't even matter. If Lucasfilm knows what is good for them, they will be selling licenses for a line of anti-Jar Jar merchandise before their next film is released.
And come on folks, you have to admit that the use of the Popeye music every time Towelie toked was another stroke of genius.
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA
[Edited last by Ken_McAlinden on August 14, 2001 at 08:02 AM]

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Did anybody catch last night's episode? I don't know if I should've been laughing as hard as I was or be totally disgusted. Not one of the finer episodes of this season, but still a good episode that pushed the limits of how far you can go past the line of good taste on television (and Matt and Trey are now a few feet past that line :)).
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AIM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

tyler O

Stunt Coordinator
The death of irony indeed... I thought it was well done and, personally, seemed appropriate. Well, as appropriate as Trey and Matt can be...
wink.gif
[ramble] I took it as a good sign when one of my roommates, who thinks that there is and will be nothing funny coming out of all of this was laughing like crazy at it. Thank goodness for good satire and enjoyable poking fun at things. The bugs bunny thing was fantastic. Bah. [/ramble]
------------------
Share and Enjoy - The marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite.
My DVDs

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
I laughed a lot!
Great references to the old Warner Brother's cartoons, too. A fine tradition of making fun of our enemies, and making fun of ourselves as well. Thank god for freedom of speech!

Rob_C

Stunt Coordinator
The Bugs Bunny thing was hilarious. I was really shocked to see all of the characters at the beginning wearing gas masks.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Fine episode. It was funny to hear my friends say how what the boys said about if u dont like the team get out of the stadium was weird. I quickly reminded them of other classic speeches as corporations are good, gay people are evil, selling out rules, and the spirit of christmas is buying presents and they quickly realized the intent of that particular speech on the show. Plus the "yeah and go broncos part" was pretty damn funny. This weeks episode looks hilarous. Peace
"But why, why does 1/3 of the world hate us?"
"Because you don't realize that 1/3 of the world hates you!"
------------------
Sorry about the previous Sig.
"Hell hath no fury like a womens scorn for sega."-Brodie Bruce
South Park season-by-season Again on DVD.
Beavis and Butthead on DVD
Family Guy on DVD

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Funny how the rich kid in last night's episode (Token) shows up with a Lion King DVD. You gotta be really rich to have one of those... :laugh:
Rob

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
"Let's go burn a lower case T on their front lawn! T, for "time to leave!"

HAHAHAHA!!!!

This show has redeemed itself for having few episodes over the last year.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
"I wonder if we can take that to captain spock and he can read it for us."

Classic. This episode was so good I watched it at 12:30 again. So far this season has been pretty damn good. Better than that Ben Assfleck

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks