What's new

South Park: Season Thirteen (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I think this episode had to be second only to the premiere in this set, although I still wouldn't call it top-tier overall.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
So was that the last epsiode of this run?? If so, that's too bad because I was imagining some sort of "Swine Flu" episode this Wed. night.

I can just imagine it; Cartman drives by a pig farm, sees a farmer cough, freaks out and then goes on a quest to get all pig farmers shipped to Mexico.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

Knowing Trey and Matt they would associate the swine flu with a overly fat celebrity.
And this was only the first half of Season 13. The second half comes in the fall.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TravisR /forum/thread/283424/south-park-season-thirteen/90#post_3614684

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
I'm so glad they made fun of those dipshit "Ghosthunters." Just a few weeks ago I was thinking about how stupid they are, and thought "I wish South Park would rip these morons."

I have to ask, is the chipotle issue real? I wasn't sure if they were referencing the actual pepper or a restaurant chain, but it seemed like they were making fun of real people there.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Billy Mays's products always seemed to solve obscure problems that relatively few people had, to the point where I thought at first that the food and the blood stains were completely unrelated. When I put two and two together, I damn near bust a gut laughing. There is a chain called Chipotle that advertises itself as a "gourmet" taco and burrito place, which is infamous for causing epic shits. I don't think it actually causes bloody stool.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
^^That's what I took it as at first. It was Kyle's continuing question about why anyone would knowingly eat something that would cause them harm that made it feel like they were adressing the audience about a real issue.

I'm reminded of the Jonas Bros. episode, where the Jonas' shoot their hot, white foam all over the pre-teen girls at their concert. It never even occurred to me that could have been real (it is), so now when weird shit like that happens on the show I have to go and google it.

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ole Oleson
This is news to me. I've always found Chipotle to be moderate-upscale for a taco place. The food has always been really good, and no side effects. :) Now if they used Taco Bell or Del Taco I could see the need for a Billy May's product.

Entertaining start to the new run. I about died at the blowing kiss gag.
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

There is a chain called Chipotle that advertises itself as a "gourmet" taco and burrito place, which is infamous for causing epic shits. I don't think it actually causes bloody stool.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
It was fun spotting all the dead celebrities on the plane. Dom DeLuise, Natasha Richardson, Ricardo Montalban, etc...

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by WillG

I liked the ending. Forgot that in South Park everyone goes to Hell when they die
Except for Kenny who sacrificed himself and went to heaven (in BLU)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by LynxFX /forum/thread/283424/south-park-season-thirteen/90#post_3614934

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I really like South Park, but this last episode left me feeling that if they are going to mock/lampoon a TV show, they should do a little better job researching it.

While they were clearly showing the Ghost Hunters guys, they made them act like the wackos on Ghost Adventurers. Jason and Grant on the Ghost hunters never get overly excited about anything.In fact, they are usually a lot more calm than most people would be in thier line of work.

Seeing how far off they were, It makes me wonder if the South park writers every actually watched Ghost Hunters or they are just making assumptions based on their beliefs.

For the record, I have worked in an engineering environment most of my life, and have spent a career taking and analyzing data. I don't really believe in ghosts. That is why I like the show Ghost Hunters. They take the scientific approach and try and debunk everything they can. They don't trust anything they cant actually record. The few things they can't debunk, or explain I really find fascinating. Not that I think they might be spirits or something evil etc, but because it is something that we can't explain yet. I love that there are some things in science we can't yet explain.

Sorry to derail the thread, but the way South park treated the Ghost Hunters really got me mad. If you are going to mock something, at least get your facts straight.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Great episode. Had no idea Chipotle was real. Lots of
larfs to be had, particularly the judge that couldn't stop
touching himself.

Have no thoughts on the Ghost Hunters spoof. Never
saw the show.

Glad South Park is back!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks