What's new

South Park: Season Thirteen (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member

It's an interesting point. I've heard the theories that publically claming to hold onto virginity is a back door (no pun intended) way of selling sex to the public. Take Brittney Spears, who famously "held on" to her virginity. Every time that was mentioned, who didn't think about her sexually? Flash forward a few years and one of her big songs is called "If You Seek Amy" (Say it to yourselves a few times)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I can promote not having sex all I want. Will kids have sex if if I tell them not to have sex? Maybe they won't have sex because of all the anit-sex campaigns. ;)

I do seem to find it very ironic that the whole point behind this site (Welcome to PurityRings.com - Helping to encourage purity, abstinence and chastity.) is sex. :laugh: It's almost like they're saying "Sex is going to be SO FREAKIN' GREAT when you're married!!".

Hmmm, what better way to keep teenagers hormones in check then by having them bottle it up.....does anyone else hear tick tick tick tick??

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
If I were the abstinence people, I'd just start airing commercials of babies shrieking and shitting themselves, etc. Tell people not to do something is always less effective than showing the consequences of doing it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The thing I love about Matt and Trey is that they do bring out very
ugly and controversial truths about the material they parody.

I'm not saying that the purity rings are a marketing gimmick by
Disney to sell sex to underage teens.

However, on the other hand, it doesn't seem too far off from the
truth that Disney is able to sell these sexy teen idols to an underage
audience under the guise that they have some sort of purity contract
with themselves.

I mean, the genius of this past week's episode is that Matt and Trey
are cleverly using over-the-top humor to make a point. I sat there
and thought to myself, "Gee, what a brilliant idea if all of this were true."

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
South Park kids have never been portrayed as high school kids, and it was Kenny's girlfriend who was in fifth grade, not the boys themselves. That's why they pointed out that she was in the fifth grade.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Me too, right after they said they wouldn't do that.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
I had a surreal moment when I was flipping through the channels after watching this, and saw the real Jonas Bros. on the real Disney Channel.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Bingo. Taking care of a baby is hard enough when you're in your thirties and planning for it ahead of time, let alone in your teens!

This episode was great. Usually the SP season premieres are lame -- this could very well be the best one since "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe."

WillG

Senior HTF Member

They actually do exist. There are condom ads (I don't think any of them air on American TV) that do just that to some extent. The one I remember was a kid with his young mother in a grocery store and the kid is screaming his head off, throwing stuff, etc. I'm sure you can You Tube it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
That's exactly what I was thinking of when I posted that. I believe it was a Swedish commercial. I guess that just doesn't fly in a society as kid-centric as the United States, for better or for worse.

Tonight's episode was fantastic, one of the few that tells a great self-contained story while being a dead-on parody. I loved that they weaved Professor Chaos into the fold and really explored the geography of South Park. As for Cartman's identity, complete with Fleischer Superman animated short style title card, hol-ee crap. Can't believe that made it past standards and practices.

I really wish we knew who Mysterion was, though.
Fantastic self-deprecating reveal.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I'm not sure what was in the episode that was especially edgy (for South Park anyway) Except that Cartman called himself "The Coon" but since he wore a raccoon costume, it's fine.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm kinda surprised to see such high praise for this episode. Not that it was bad, I just didn't think it was anything that funny or memorable either.

Yeah, that's like when they have Cartman in black face. They get away with it because he's not doing Al Jolson, he just happens to be wearing black makeup all over his face. If you don't get the racial implications of black face, it slides right past you.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Although, I can see Al Sharpton or someone getting into a tizzy tomorrow over "The Coon"

Mark Leiter

Second Unit
I so see this as the beginning of a series of "Coon" episodes. I mean come-on who really believes that Mysterion's identity was revealed

Not laugh out loud funny in my opinion, but certainly entertaining

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I liked this episode.

I thought it was funny how all the South Park citizens knew who Chaos was and even General Disarray was. They also confused Eric with Bruce Vilanch

Maybe it would have been funnier to others if this episode aired when The Dark Knight came out.

With Eric being the coon and the whole double meaning. When Eric was in the storage garage and Butters offered him something to drink, I thought maybe Eric would have asked for some grape juice.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, before all the other parodies hit the web...Parodying Batman is so overdone to me. Maybe that's why I didn't find it all that funny.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
There were a couple of decent laughs in this one, but nothing classic. It was just OK.

I just hope I didn't have too much of The Dark Knight spoiled for the sake of a mediocre South Park episode!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks