What's new

South Park Season 9 (1 Viewer)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Its a little late, I just cleared up the Tivo yesterday but here goes. "Not my Schitty Shrimp". I laughed so hard at the "City" jokes.

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
During the episodeI was thinking that its to soon to bring up the Schivao case but they way they handled it was brillant. And who knew that angels were into sniffing markers.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking Enders Game also when Kenny was getting his instructions and the Angel describing the outcome. The magic marker bit was pretty funny as well. I remember when Matt and Trey responded so quickly to a news worthy event was Elian Gonzalez. What's eerie is the outcomes were both the same if you check the news this morning.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
What a fucking brilliant episode. They handled the issue perfectly, with tons of great film nods. Definitely one of my Top 10 faves.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
"There was a Japanese boy who made it to level 59"
"He cant get into heaven; you know the Japanese dont have any souls"

I found the humor in that but were they just looking to make a joke out of nothing? Guess I didnt see the significance. Am I missing the real punchline?

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
I would imagine the punchline revolves around the "average" Japanese religion. Without doing research to refresh myself, I think most Japansese religious beliefs don't involve an afterlife.

Anyway, that's why I thought it was funny. The episode was brilliant.

What I don't get is why people are saying there were Star Wars references ... Last Starfighter, LOTR, PSP, Shivao, checkx4. Star Wars ???

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Thanks for clarifying it for me also Roger. I didnt pick up on it either.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
"It's like the big battle in the last LOTR film only ten times bigger! Oh, it's an incredible site...I..I wish I had a Camera..":D

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Cartman's mom was definitely a different voice (which would be the third one, IIRC). Not sure about Kenny's mom though, can't remember.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Guys, I was a child of the 80s and LOVE The Last Starfighter, but I cant for the life of me figure out what the reference was. Can someone elaborate specifically for my dense head?

Thanks,
CJ

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
The PSP and game were designed specifically to find the best player and thus best strategist for the war just like LSF. Clerks: The Animated Series did the same thing and directly mentioned it in the episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks