What's new

South Park - 04/17/03 (1 Viewer)

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I thought this was one of the funniest episodes ever.

When they brought in Ben Affleck, I thought "Oh no, they're not going to go there. This is an eight-year old boy's hand we're talking about here." But Matt and Trey went directly there: "Eww, Ben Affleck spooge!"

And I loved the ending when Mitch Connor took the cyanide pill. Classic! :emoji_thumbsup:

"You almost make me forget about...tacos." :laugh:

Rob

Edit: Sorry the date in the title should be 04/16/03.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
Damn funny episode. I was almost choking, I was laughing so hard with Ben giving "the hand" the tongue in the car.

And then they went one step further with "the bj".

I have a hankering for some tacos tonite!!!

Paul

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
There were some funny bits but this is nowhere near the funniest episode ever.
The last two have been just so-so.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
It was very, very funny, the best of this new batch of episodes, in my opinion. The 100th episode last week was, eh, okay. Clever, pointed satire, but not laugh-out-loud funny.

But last night's... It's no Lemmiwinks, but it's one of the more bizarre episodes they've done. I was laughing my ass off. I sat there and said, "Oh, my God, they're going to get sued."

And I loved the ending when Mitch Connor took the cyanide pill. Classic!
See, I didn't get that. I figured it was parodying something, but I didn't know what.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
As soon as I saw Affleck, I also knew what was going to happen with the hand.

What's even worse is that Cartman was doing it the whole time.

Pretty freakin hilarious, would have been better if Ben and J.Lo had signed up to do their voices.

Ike

Screenwriter
I laughed the whole time during Jennifer Lopez's taco songs.

I thought it was a very funny episode.

Will K

Screenwriter
First episode in a long time where I've seriously laughed out loud. Taco-flavored kisses - my god - classic! Not since "Mecha Streisand" has a celebrity taken such a beating. Great episode.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
would have been better if Ben and J.Lo had signed up to do their voices.
I thought that initially, too, but now I'm not so sure... If they did their own voices, that would mean they APPROVED of the show... and then it just wouldn't be as funny, would it? :D

JayV

Supporting Actor
Oh my God, Morgan, until you posted that I didn't realize that Cartman gave Ben Affleck a handjob with complete knowledge of what he was doing -- all to play a trick on the gang. But why did he say I got you, kinda at the end?

That fat kid is sick.

-j

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Jay, Kyle said that it was possible that such a thing could happen, not that he believed it, so Cartman didn't really get him good.

I personnally thought this was one of the lamer episodes recently, but its still damn funny. Just in comparison to things like the stem cell research it wasn't nearly as funny. While I keep thinking this show has peaked and it couldn't possibly do anything else to shock me, I'm sure they will once again.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Didn't they forget something? Ben Affleck has been on the show before, and his face was an ass. They should have depicted him that way again.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
No, just his parents' faces were asses. The milk carton picture was said to look like him as a child but Affleck appeared with a magazine cut-out face (like David Hasselhoff and Saddam).

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
"Tacos in my tummy-yummy-yummy"

Picante Pants, Bean Breath, Leaf Blower...holy shit, Matt and Trey are ruthless.

I didn't find it one of their best, but it was still typical of the greatness of the series that makes me love the show. If that's what we call just an average episode then its way ahead of the game IMO.

I'm not against Affleck and JLo at all, but the show was still funny just because of the craziness of the characters. Stuff like when Cartman drew the sleepy eyes on, or just the idea of that SOB doing that routine in front of all those Hispanic judges and then having them love it instead of Kyle's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks