What's new

Sound Issues - no sound from TV in Sound Bar (1 Viewer)

neonandu

Auditioning
Real Name
Anand
Don't know if this is the right forum, but thought I'd give it a shot. Just bought and set up my first sound bar. Here are the components: Vizio e601i-a3 LED SMART TV Samsung HW-E450C Sony PS3 One HDMI cable connects the PS3 and to HDMI IN of Sound Bar, and another cable connects the HDMI OUT of sound bar to HDMI IN of TV. I am able to see and hear stuff on PS3 without any problems. However, the TV's sound is not coming through the sound bar; I am only hearing it through the TV's speakers. Any help you can give would be appreciated.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Turn on ARC. And if ARC doesn't work cause the CEC between Vizio and Samsung is wonky... http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-5-3-6-12-25-50FT-Toslink-Digital-Optical-Audio-Cable-Wire-S-PDIF-DTS-DOLBY-/261153342722?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3ccdf3c502

BrennanOSD

Agent
Real Name
Brennan
neonandu said:
One HDMI cable connects the PS3 and to HDMI IN of Sound Bar, and another cable connects the HDMI OUT of sound bar to HDMI IN of TV.
You have the HDTV going HDMI to the soundbar? Have you tried just using an RCA out from the TV to the audio input of the soundbar? - Brennan, OSD Audio

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
BrennanOSD said:
You have the HDTV going HDMI to the soundbar? Have you tried just using an RCA out from the TV to the audio input of the soundbar? - Brennan, OSD Audio
So...why pray tell, use RCA over toslink? To the OP, let us know what ends up working. If you use a toslink you can use the analog on the soundbar for an Ipod/Phone...if you would ever choose...

neonandu

Auditioning
Real Name
Anand
Turning on ARC worked.. Although it took a lot of time to figure out how to turn on ARC feature..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks