What's new

SOS (1 Viewer)

hoosierh

Auditioning
Real Name
mark
Thanks in advance for any help on this, folks...
I have the Denon AVR 1912 hooked up such that all of the outputs from the various sources (Directv receiver (HDMI), playstation 3 (HDMI), and Sirius receiver (a/v cables)) all go into the Denon inputs and then the one HDMI output from the Denon goes to my Panasonic TV.
I had hooked up my previous Onkyo receiver the same way and I had always been able to watch my DirecTV feed while listening to the audio from my Sirius radio dock or from any other source. Now I can't with the Denon. If I want to listen to audio output from the Sirus feed or input from the PS3 while watching video output from the Directv receiver it doesn't let me do it.
Any suggestions?

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Thats a cool feature, i often wish my sherwood would do that while im playing civilization revolution on the xbox 360, turn based strategies dont need sound. Sadly i think youre out of luck with your new denon, you would have to go video direct to your display and your audio source direct to the denon to make it happen. On a side note onkyo has smart volume that allows you to set volume default on power on, very cool and also a feature my sherwood doesnt offer....oh the price i pay for killer processing :(

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
This issue comes up every so often. I think most receivers won't allow you to do that. Only other option is to use an HDMI splitter from the DTV output and connect the second HDMI to another Input (Video 1 maybe) and use this Input for the Sirrius feed. Setup the Video 1 input to accept video from HDMI but Audio from the Sirrius feed. Make sense? Never tried it myself but it might work :confused: .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks