What's new

SOPRANOS Season 6: Season Finally!!!.. Episode 12: "KAISHA" (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Some HBO releases have had a flier inside promoting their DVD releases for 2006 and it lists The Sopranos Season Six. In other words, HBO will be making money on S6 and promoting the new episodes with the release of these episodes at the holidays. :)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Question. Forgetting a minute about Paulie actually being raised by his aunt. How come their last names are different, his mother (Nucci) and his (Gaultierri)?

All I can figure is his mother had a second marraige or went back to her maiden name for some reason.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Just read yesterday that the final batch of episodes have been, surprise surprise, delayed from January to March of 2007. Part of the reason cited was a delay in getting Sirico and Van Zandt signed to new contracts. They'll each pocket $1.5 million.

Nucci is her first name, not her last. They have the same last name.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I could have sworn I heard her called Mary, more than once. So that is why I thought Nucci was her last name.

Any more news on the delay. Like are they gonna do more than 8 episodes. It happened before. Originally this last season was going to be the end and only be 10 episodes. But it turned out to be 12, with more to follow.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I also read that those with HBO on Demand will be able to see the episodes 6 days before they actually air. Could make things on these forums interesting. ;)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Are you sure about that? Nucci is an Italian surname and I have never heard of anyone, male or female, with Nucci as a first name.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

I read about the delay too, but it was attributed to an accident that Gandolfini had, not contract negoiations.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
No, the new episodes were delayed until January by the contract issue, but that's been resolved. Gandolfini's surgery would have added a couple of weeks to that, but that would run the season debut into the NFL playoffs and the Super Bowl, and HBO decided that wasn't such a good idea.

You can find the full story here.

Regards,

Joe

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co

Well, for what it's worth, IMDB does list her as Nucci Gaultieri. But I coulda sworn I heard her referred to as Mary Nucci, at least a couple times over all the seasons.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I don't recall ever hearing that, but if you did it is quite possible that "Mary" is simply an Americanized nickname. My grandfather Pasquale was called "Pat" or "Patsy" by the mostly Irish truck drivers he worked with and the name stuck. A Gennaro in the family goes by "Jerry", and even initials things "J.D." rather than "G.D." even though he never legally changed his name.

Wikipedia, which in this case may be more thorough than the IMDB, lists her name as Maria Nuccia Gualetieri, with the nickname "Nucci". Presumably she's also addressed as "Mary", which would have been common for Italian "Marias" of her generation, and maybe even "Mary (or Maria) Nucci" the way a parent might call a child by his first and middle names when especially angry.

Regards,

Joe

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

All my mother's German (Frobel was the family name) uncles had nick names that weren't even close to their real names. I only remember Boney and Elmer (there were two more). Their real names were something like James and Ted, but I really don't know because my mom always called them Boney and Elmer. I never understood it myself.:crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks