What's new

SOPRANOS Season 6: Season Finally!!!.. Episode 12: "KAISHA" (1 Viewer)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Thanks again, Paul. I gotta say, yet again, this trailer is fucking badass. Amazing. And looks like AJ might have more to do this season. Some don't like his character, but I personally enjoy the Sopranos family stuff more than the mafia family stuff.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
I think the problem is that every season he seemed to serve the same prupose. Screw up and piss of Carmela and Tony. I doubt it's gonna be different this year.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I always thought one possible scenario for the series ending would involve the torch being passed from Tony to AJ (eg Tony being taken out of the picture by some means and AJ picking up the family business). The cycle would start anew. Yes, he was a wuss earlier, but he's a man now, not a boy.

It will be interesting to see what path they take these characters. Whatever Chase decides, it won't be conventional.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Unless there are some major changes in Tony and A.J.'s character, I can't ever see A.J. getting involved with the business or Tony wanting him to. To me, Christopher is the son of Tony when it comes to the business. :)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

I don't disagree with your observations of the characters, but the Soprano mob "family" would need a blood "Soprano" to keep the family name active. Will Tony's pride over the family name override his desire to keep his son out of the business?

Of course it could be the whole Soprano mob family could be shut down if Tony is taken out. We already know that Ray Curto is working for the Feds. Paulie and Silvio are AARP age and are not leaders. Bobby Bacula is too nice. Christopher is too hot headed. Come to think of it, any crew member that had a strong assertive personality that could have threatened Tony's leadership was done away with (Richie, Ralphie, Tony B).

Mikah is correct, Tony had better stay alive :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I've been rewatching the series and in 'Everybody Hurts' from Season Four, Tony tells Christopher that they're related by blood (although it's more like related by marriage), that Christopher will be taking the family into the 21st century and eventually he'll be the only person that Tony gives orders through. I haven't seen the fifth season since it aired so maybe the events with his drug addiction and Adrianna changed Tony's mind though.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Does anyone else when watching the older seasons, just skip right through the DR Melfi scenes? I feel she always dragged the whole show down."

Thats a bad idea,for two reasons, some of the stuff he says to Melfi is important to understanding Tonys character, but some of it is also really funny.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Rewatching all the seasons the past few weeks,you know Im really gonna miss these guys when theyre gone.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Man, watching and rewatching this trailer, I get the sense this will be the best season yet!

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I spent the weekend and watched back through Season 4/5. been trying to do a season or so per weekend.

It amazes me how utterly brilliant I thought Season 5 was. Sopranos as a story has changed a lot since Season 1, but the characters have had more growth - and no resets - then almost any show I can think of.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
I just finished watching season 5 on DVD. Looks like I'll have to breakdown and subscribe to HBO. I wonder how it will look in HD?

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I've been watching Season 5 in HD and it looks very good IMHO. Even better than my S5 DVD set. :emoji_thumbsup:

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Um, yes I know HD is higher resolution than DVD. In fact, I think everyone who subscribes to HTF knows that(or at least I would hope so). However, certain HD broadcasts I've seen don't look as good as some of the DVD transfers in my collection. In this particular case, The Sopranos HD broadcast does look better than the DVDs.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Really?? Which ones? I don't think I have ever seen a DVD transfer of a film look better than a true HD version of that film.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
So is there any update on whether this will definitely be the last season? I really hope that if it is, it is known before filming the last few episodes. As it is, I'm concerned that they've already filmed at least half of the episodes without knowing if this is the end (and who knows what has already been written). Series always end much better if the writers know in advance before the final season that it is the end. Just look at Six Feet Under - possibly the best ending of any TV show. Ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks