What's new

****Sopranos Season 5 Season Guide (Spoilers) (1 Viewer)

Jim Rankin

Stunt Coordinator
Great episode - Finn definitely couldn't cut it in Tony's world - why does Meadow like the wimps??

I think Tony stepping up for Tony B is going cause problems, also the whole thing about Tony B's IQ score was interesting, especially when Melfi pointed out to Tony that his cousin is "smarter" than he is, maybe lead to suspicion or paranoia down the road??

Johnny and Carmine are definitely going to war - Johnny didn't seem too receptive to Tony's idea about "making the peace".

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Tony definitely screwed up in the limo with Sack.

And yet another classic scene with Pauly Wallnuts stuffing cash into Finn's pocket.

Michael Hughes

Second Unit

Totally agree, best of the year and one of the best of the series. There was so mich going on you can dissect this 1 hour show for hours. Rally entertaining and tense.

It really seems like they are gonna wack Tony at the end of this series, but who will do it? Carm, Christopher, Paulie, Johnny Sak or one of his kids?

The restaurant scene with Tony and Carm was brutal, "I don't owe you shit".

Brutally tough.

Man was the a good ep!

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"I can see why he's trying to marry her, but man I would have gone running into the night after that Vito stuff."

I dont know, Id stick around for Meadow:D

It would be worth it IMHO
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member

Not after that "discussion." The guy tells her that a dangerous mafioso is bent on either screwing or killing him, and she blows it off as some psychological crap about her. She doesn't believe him (maybe I'm naive, but if you really love someone, wouldn't you assume that person is telling the truth?)

I would have put up with anything Vito would have done rather than deal with her harping on my nerves like that.

Vito was effectively creepy. Why exactly did he want to go the the game with Finn?
I don't think Finn proposed in order to protect himself. If so, why would he wait until the end of a big argument? And how would he know that Tony S is the boss?

And what was Finn doing there so early? Is he carrying on with that chick that works there?

Remember when Gandolfini was fighting with HBO over his pay? Well, after the scenes with Melfi, Carmella and Sack last night, we're reminded as to why he's worth every penny.

What a move covering for Tony B like that. Shit shall certainly be going down, my friends.

Awesome episode.

Curt_Dennis

Stunt Coordinator
Finn went into work early because he was already there in NJ. He didn't want to go all the way back to NYC, get a couple hours sleep, then get back to the job site. He told Meadow he was just going to go to work and crash because the girl had shown him where the key was to the office. Now he MIGHT be fooling around, but that was the reason for going in early as explained last night.

RobertW

Supporting Actor

yeah, steve van zandt was awesome in this scene, giving that mopey face, the shrug of the shoulders, looking down at the ground.

John_VI

Second Unit
Un-fricking-believable!! I would never - in a million years - have picked Vito for a closet pole smoker. One of the things I used to like so much about this series is that it would shock me. The show hasn't done that for a long time.....until last night. Seeing Vito's huge, fat face rise up from that security guard's lap was TOTALLY shocking!! My wife and I were amazed, our mouths agape, and when we finally did speak all we could say was, "OH.....MY.....GAWD!!!!!!!"

Meadow is definitely a hottie, but man-oh-man is she ever spoiled.

Did anyone else see the smirk on AJ's face when Tony read Finn the riot act in the restaurant?

Re: the scene in the restaurant when Carm announced that she was filing for divorce. Wow. Can Tony be meancing or what??!!

There is a lot of shit that's going to be hitting the fan in the next couple of weeks.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I have a feeling that Vito will take retribution on Finn before he knows that he is Meadow's Fiance. Then he will be in more trouble than he could imagine. Even though Finn stepped on Tony's toes at the restaurant, you could tell that Tony really likes him.
I have a feeling that Vito just invited Finn to the game because he liked him and wanted to be cool. Not like liked him, just thought he was a cool kid that dug baseball. The way Vito was dressed at the ballpark was sad and funny at the same time.
I had almost forgotten how self-absorbed Meadow is. Man, I wanted to reach in the TV and tell her to shut the hell up.

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor
Some great, great scenes last night.

I thought one of the best not yet mentioned: Carmella is at the door with a smile of warmth and hope when Tony drops off AJ, only to see Tony wave and pull out - then her smile turns to to a scowl of scorn and hatred again.

Amazing stuff - one minute she's talking about a reconciliation, the next she's getting a new lawyer and wants to make sure she gets "her share of ALL income and assets".

We learned last night that the panic attacks have saved Tony more than he's willing to consciously recognize or admit - which creates the guilt that partially fuels MORE of the attacks, it seems.

Jack Ferry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Ferry
Best line:

"You've got options. I've got a lawyer."

I may start using that in advertising my law firm!

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Actually, the best line to me was:
(forgive for not knowing it verbatim)

Tony: Peeps? That was his nickname! His last name was Peepsipholi (or something like that)
Sil: Sorry Tony, it was a mistake. The kid making the order was dyslexic.
Tony: What the fuck does that have to do with anything?!?!?!?!?

I couldn't stop laughing at that exchange.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
who else busted up when little carm spoke to his clan in the beginning of the episode? His words were so redundant "historically, history tells us..." the guy tries too hard!

Parris

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone else notice all the comments towards minorities in this episode. Like when Finn didnt want to take a job like McDonalds away from a minority or when Vito made the comment that they can just blame it on two N-bombs or Tony using his panic attack excuse on two black guys beating him up. There were others but those stick out in my mind and unfortunately probably represent the thinking of a lot of people in America :frowning:

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Indeed an amazing episode.

I think Finn is primarily covering his scared ass. The reason I say that is cause they said they werent going to get married till they were both done school (in 4 years). this gives Finn at least 4 years to figure out what kind of shit hes in while being protected...assuming the events happened like they were played out....
and by this I mean maybe Vito really wasnt blowing that guy. seriously, out of all places to do it, why the front seat of the van? being Vito's size, the position would be very uncomfortable and there was no saliva around Vito's mouth, and the janitor had quite the blank expression. maybe some food fell on the floor of the van, or maybe more likely they were blowing some lines, either way Vito knew what Finn was thinking so he was trying to be nice to explain it to him at the game. If that's the case then it would piss Tony off cause now it looks like Finn was poppin off at the mouth. Maybe in a future episode they show Vito in that van again late at night with a logical explanation.

*side note* did anyone catch Meadow's slip up in the argument on the bed, saying she had "med school" to finnish as aposed to law school?

Jeremiah

Screenwriter

:rolleyes

Great episode, Carm doesn't deserve sh*t and have less sympathy for her every episode now.

Vito, I think he liked the kid because he was a baseball fan but also gave him the ticket because he wanted to try and smooth things over.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor

I sure hope so. I mean, if it was on TV it must be true and represent the thinking of a lot of people in America.

I think it is time to take PC into the fictional world of TV entertainment before more tender feelings get hurt.

Curt_Dennis

Stunt Coordinator
Jean, although you could be right...I think it's safe to say that Vito was playing the flute. The sounds and expressions tell the tale. Vito was using the tickets to get on Finns good side so he wouldn't tell anyone. He could deny it if it ever came to light, but the security guard might spill the beans.

I personally liked the line "He gave her the emeralds, then he gave her the pearls!"

GARY C

Second Unit

"Hey, it's bat night" (or something similar he said when offering the tickets), doesn't come off as smoothing things over. Either that or Vito needs to work on his people skills.

I know the first image that came to my mind (De Niro). :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks