What's new

****Sopranos Season 5 Season Guide (Spoilers)(Archive Copy) (1 Viewer)

Sean A

Stunt Coordinator

Is this a reference to the fact that actress that plays Tony B's girlfriend also plays Dr Gina on "Sesame Street"?
(I have a 3 year old at home, so I noticed that. LOL )

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
I'm wondering why some people are saying Robert Iler is horrible as AJ. To me, he's doing a perfect job playing a character who is simply acting like some teenagers do at that age: lazy, apathetic and believing they are adults when they still have a lot of growing up to do.

Add to that the fact that he has--let's face it--two horrible parents, both of whom passed on their less-favorable aspects onto him (and Meadow), and it's a wonder he hasn't totally screwed up his life yet.

I liked this episode, though I'll echo what others have said and say I found Tony Blundetto's sudden about-face rather shocking. I think it was a given that he would return to the Mafia lifestyle eventually, but I didn't know it would be so quickly, and so unbelievably.

A small part of me hopes that Blundetto will do mob jobs just to finance his massage parlor (I think we can safely assume that Kim is not a partner anymore :)), but
based on what I've read about upcoming episodes, he's going to start proving his worth as a mobster, including being a fulcrum of sorts for the NY/NJ war

I was happy to see The Sack (as I've nicknamed him) in next week's preview, but I'm hoping Tim Daly's character is not simply a rehash of S2's David Scantino subplot.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I think the abruptness of Tony B flying off the handle at Kim is not unlike how Tony S reacted to Ralphy Cifaretto. And that wasn't the first time we've seen a character make a sudden exit from the show in an unexpected way.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I agree with what was said above about Chris and Adrianna.We may see Chris outburst mentioned again with Adrianna talking to the FBI lady. For Ad to vent a bit.But its not something that will be mentioned by Ad to others "in the family".
Chris has lost his temper with her before and its something she deals with.

That wasnt my problem with this episode.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Does anyone recognize or know the middle aged female character that is shown with Tony at the end of the next week's preview? It looks like they met up at the graveside service.

At first glance I thought she was Junior's girlfriend from several seasons back (the one he gave the cake/pie in the face treatment to), but I didn't get a good enough glimpse of her to tell for sure?

Steve

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Without seeing the "Next On Sopranos.." I'm going to hope that graveside service ties into the Lorraine bit...maybe I'm missing something here, but that plotline doesn't seem to have done much for the series...

And I'm getting annoyed at how disjunct this season is. Maybe I'll disagree with my own assertion when I watch it through all in one large segment, but them not keeping all the plotlines running concurrently, with some (like the Lorraine bit) dropping off for episodes on end before continuing is really really annoying...

Rodney K

Agent
Steve,

This is from the HBO website...

"His father's longtime goomar sheds light on some of Tony's lingering emotional and financial mysteries and Christopher sees the downside in enabling an AA friend's new addiction."

I'm guessing it's her.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer

I know from personal experience how easily one can switch from one addiction to another. Perhaps Chris's new friend is just getting into HT and Chris goes shopping with him? :b

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
I confess, this episode skirted my interest level. I thought it fairly boring and the bit with Buscemi wailing on his boss didn't make sense. Sure he was in a bad mood but I don't think preceding action justified his actions enough to make them seem commensurate with his character.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Yea that was pretty great.

Also loved Juniors breakdown at the wake,the car accident and Tonys reacion to the dog pic.

Also noticed how Tony was talking to Melfi and said "f*ck her" about his mother and seconds later got choked up about his dog.

Started slow but turned into a good episode.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I liked the flashback too. It was interesting seeing Tony as a shaggy haired teenager. And the actress playing middle-aged Livia seemed to do a pretty good job bringing that character back to life.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks