What's new

Sony XBR65930D vs. XBR75850D (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
So my neighbor bought the XBR65930D, but now the 75850D is on sale for a couple hundred bucks more and he's debating a swap. I poked around online, and it sounds as though the 930D has superior PQ, but it's not really clear how much better (he doesn't care about 3D, which the 930D has but the 850D does not). Him not being a major videophile, I don't know that he'd notice much difference, but we're at his house a lot. :) Is the loss in PQ great enough to offset the extra 10"?

Any thoughts on this? Has anyone here directly compared these sets in a reasonably well calibrated situation?

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Tell him to buy an articulating wall mount. Pull it out 1-2 feet and voila--instantly bigger screen and he keeps the better quality display. Mount probably costs less than the bigger TV (which isn't as good as the one he has now). Of course, if the mount isn't practical, all bets are off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks