What's new

Sony XBR2 rear projection LCD (1 Viewer)

Bob Dylan

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob
I have had this set for 4 years now. The picture is turning yellow. Would replacing the bulb help? Any ideas? I have gone into the color schemes etc. but nothing helps.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
a calibration would help a bit.

your display is notorious for degradation of the optical engine.

Call Sony and complain. there have been several class action lawsuits about this.

sony has extended the warranties on them to try to save some "face"

Some googling on the "green blob" will provide some more information.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Yes... you probably have the dreaded optical block problem... I am on my third. There is a class action lawsuit. I managed to get a new TV set out of it, but I sold it since it wasn't a XBR. You can go the Sony customer service route or there is a contact in Facebook where you will probably have more success. Don't remember exactly but google around.

Bob Dylan

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob
Sony guy came yesterday. Installed the new engine and calibrated. Man I forgot how good it looked.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Yes, it is nice when it works. However, you may experience the same thing in about a year or so (as I said, I'm on my third one). I'm selling my TV before it has a chance of going bad again.

bulldogsmsu

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan
I had the same issue. Sony gave me the option of the 3 TVs. 46 LCD Free, 55 LCD 325, 52 LED wifi 575. I elected to go with the new upgraded TV due to all the forums I read where people have the same reoccuring issue after replaced. Hopefully your is the exception.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.