What's new

Sony Wega blurry areas (1 Viewer)

Brian_Pete

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 36" Sony Wega (modelKV-36FS13).

My problem is when the screen is completely black, like a sceen switch in a movie or a loading screen in a videogame, you can see certain parts of the screen look blacker than the rest. I can see a darker 2" thick line that runs vertically from the top to the bottom towards the left half of the screen. Also, there are two are more "splotches" on the bottom of the screen.

This would not bother me except whenever there is writing across the entire screen the words seem to get very blurry in these places. I'm sure that it affects the picture at all other times but it does not stand out.

Do any of you guys know what this could be from. Any help would be appreciated.

Wesley S

Stunt Coordinator
Our 36" Toshiba had a similar problem but it wasn't like these dark spoltches. The bottom portion of the screen was blurry with text. A Tech came out and adjusted the voltage and everything cleared right up.

Hope that leads you in some direction.

jimbo w

Stunt Coordinator
I have the same Sony. I noticed this also. I would recommend calibration as it turns out I had the contrast and bright controls set way too high. When properly calibrated these are not visible on my tv. Jim

Phil G

Auditioning
Same problem. About a year ago my Sony Wega XBR-400 just died, the tech came out and replaced the power source and the TV worked again, but, since then, the sides of the screen a blurry, very noticable especially with text. The tech insists it must have been like that all along (it wasn't). Any ideas? Is this fixable? What recourse do I have if the authorized Sony tech refuses to acknowledge this problem?

Andy Kim

Second Unit
If you do a seach using the keywords "Wega" and "uneven brightness", I think you'll find more information. It almost seems like all Wega's exhibit this some parts of the screen are lighter than others phenom including mine.

Users who are viewing this thread