What's new

Sony TA-E9000ES & TA-N9000ES (1 Viewer)

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Anyother thing to check out before I buy it :) This is really helping... I'm not sure they'll come down low enough for me to buy it. The sales guy has to talk to the owner, I'm tempted to go talk to him myself :) I'm leaning towards the Denon 3802 if this all falls through.
Brian

Razvan V

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,
Do not get the Denon 3802. There's a night and day difference between the Denon and the Sony separates. I owned both the 3802 and the separates and both me and my wife thought that the Denon sounded horrible in comparison. When combined with the TA-N9000ES amp the 3802 sounded quite good though but just by itself the Denon is a waste of money. If you decide to go for a receiver try the new Kenwood Sovereign receivers. I compared the Kenwood 5090 to the Denon 4800 and the Kenwood was just as good at a much lower price. For more info on the Kenwood go to www.crutchfield.com but do not buy anything from them as they're quite expensive.
Razvan

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
I talked to the owner and we settled on a price, I managed to get him to go down to $1600 for the pair. He doesn't want to split them up (understandably) and correct me if I'm wrong but the TA-E should be better at 5.1 then the new outlaw Pre/Pro which is the only other thing I can consider, but that still only leaves me with $600 for an amp. So to look at the final numbers: to get the TA-E/TA-N combo with the 2.01 upgrade and sales tax it would be ~$1800 and I'd be supporting a store I like. The products were purcheased in Jan 2000 by the dealer, and there should be plenty of warrenty left ;-)
Hows this sound? Any cracks in the armor?
Brian

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
I've learned plenty about the TAE9000ES from that forum, I have a long thread there about this same issue, but its best to reach more people ;-)
Brian

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Wow, its amazing how cheap you can get these new... I decided to just get them new from J&R and wow for hardly any more (no sales tax) I get it new ;-)
Thanks everyonebody,
I've learned a lot about seperates from this... and now its time to take the plunge

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks