Sony STR DG820 receiver sound problems.. protecter shut down.. low volume on voices

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by vetteman, Apr 7, 2012.

1. vetteman

vetteman Auditioning

After over 2 months of fighting with this unit and listening to everyone including Sony, I found out it is a common issue with this unit. If you bought less then 30 days ago, take it back and buy another brand. Believe me, it is nothing that you have done wrong. I thought that it was everything else but the unit and I tried every setting, changed speaker wire, you name it. And all I did was go beyond the point of the 30 return policy to take the unit back to buy a REAL receiver of another brand. If it's been more then 30 days, call Sony and ask where the nearest repair shop is. That is a lot faster (I've heard), then sending it in to Texas for repair for 2 months. Not everyone repairs Sony and I had to drive over 50 miles to take it to the nearest location to me( so by the time I pick it up and take it home, it will cost me $30 to $40.00). If you are reading this because you are trying to decide which receiver to buy for your home, try anyone else.