What's new

Sony STR DA5000ES For Sale on AudioGon - Na (1 Viewer)

ScottRCapt

Stunt Coordinator
Greetings All,

Before this goes on eBay I thought I would try AudioGon and a few of the forums to sell this perfect Sony Receiver. I have been a member here on HTF for over 2 years but have never sold any of my HT stuff here. Check my eBay ratings though... I will deliver as promised (eBay name below)

SONY STR DA5000 ES 7 CHANNEL @170WPC DIGITAL DRIVE RECEIVER.

FULL 5 YEAR SONY ES WARRANTY - PURCHASED FROM AUTHORIZED SONY USA DEALER.

Fully tested and operational. Complete with all accessories and manuals including the learning remote.

170 Watts per channel x 7
Every current surround audio format integrated
Upconverts Composite to Component Video

The STR-DA5000ES expands upon the renowned performance of its very special ES ( Elevated Standard ) series. This receiver incorporates unrivaled audio technology with an elegant cascading silver front panel design, along with enhanced user interface for simplified yet comprehensive operation.

7 Channel Direct Drive Digital amplifier: 170 Watts per channel x 7 (8 ohms 20Hz - 20kHz, THD .6%)

Integrated Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, dts, dts-ES, dts-ES 96/24, dts: Neo6, Dolby Pro Logic II Decoding
Video up-conversion to Component video

2 Component video inputs
3 Zone / 3 Room Output

2 Way Pre-Programmed / Learning / Macro / LCD Remote Control
Second remote included for Multi-Zone control
Phono input
RS232C terminal
5 Optical - 2 Coaxial
Frame and beam construction
Dimensions: 6.2"H x 17"W x 14.5"D
Weight approx. 28.6 pounds
Excellent Condition.
Complete: has both remote controls, instruction manual, AM & FM Antennas.
Original box.

Refurbished - In this case "refurbished" is a good thing, as you may know the STR DA3000/DA5000 ES models with digital amplifiers had some factory issues when first released. All units were recalled and re-shipped with updated software and new components. These factory refurbished units have the "A" designation on the box seen in the photos. Anyone looking to purchase one of the Sony Digital Drive receivers with their warm sounding and powerful amplifiers should only buy an "A" model. This unit has been tested and operated for approximately 10 days only. It has no issues which may be attributed to non-refurbished models.

I have bought and sold on eBay for over 6 years, I am trying to sell this unit here first. Please check my eBay feedback to see that I am an honest seller. eBay name: Voyager-Supply

You can see my eBay feedback rating at the following location: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...voyager-supply

See attached Adobe PDF slideshow for photos (just follow the link below)

http://voyagersupply.com/imagesebay/...Sslideshow.pdf

AudioGon Listing

ScottRCapt

Stunt Coordinator
WallyB

Thanks for the compliment...

I wish I had the extra cash to have two Sony ES receivers lying about but I do not. The DA4ES is better suited for bi-amping my Definitive BP30's so it must stay.

The DA5000ES is a fine piece but I missed the sound that bi-amping provides. With an analog amplifier (B&K Components Reference 4430) bi-amping a speaker with a digital amplifier (DA5000ES) just is not recommended and I found out why. By itself the 5000ES sounded fine but I love the extra 200 watts the B&K can send to the lower end of my mains.

What kind of equipment do you currently use?

Scott

WallyB

Agent
In my main theater, I'm running a 5 year-old STR-DA333ES with Infinity Crescendo series towers & matching center that I bought with my first paycheck from my first real job out of college. I'm looking to replace my old HK AVR25II in the den that has served me well for almost 10 years now. I want to move my 333ES to the den (the HK is DPL only) and put something nicer in my main HT: Photos. I'm running 5.1 upstairs now, but I went ahead and prewired side surrounds before the drywall went up. Me so smart.

My tower speakers are bi-wireable, but I've never even bothered to try. I don't do much critical 2 channel listening.

Hey, I checked your profile and see you have a 2 year-old daughter. I have 2.5 year old twin girls. They are lots of fun. This sure is a great age, isn't it?

ScottRCapt

Stunt Coordinator
Wally,

I guess I need to update that profile... My daughter is 4 now... LOL

She is a joy for sure! She is my reason for being.

You have a very impressive HT. I think the Sony STR DA5000ES may be a good addition to it for you. Sure you don't want to scrape a little change out of your pockets? LOL

When I sell the Sony I hope to upgrade my display device. The 11 year old RCA 32" tv is getting a bit long in the tooth. I am thinking of going with a Panasonic 42" Plasma.

My main HT room equipment list is as follows:

Sony DA4ES
B&K Reference 4430
Sony CX985 400 disc DVD
Sony CX450 400 disc CD x 2
Definitive BP30 Mains Bi-Amped
Definitive ProTower400 Center
SVS 25-31 PC+
Definitive BPX Surrounds
Cerwin Vega LW10 Surround sub
RCA 32 CRT
Panamax 5100
Sony VCR

Home Theater Pictures

WallyB

Agent
Your equipment setup is beautiful. The only thing in your pictures that needs work is the TV ;), but you already know that.

I hope you find a buyer for the receiver that pays what you're asking. Good luck.

ScottRCapt

Stunt Coordinator
Yes,

The old RCA must go...

I am thinking Commercial Panasonic Plasma - most likely 42" ED but I am still a bit on the fence...

I couldn’t do a projector like you have simply because this is a living room and with young kids/cartoons/etc it would be a pain...

DLP might be a good idea but I need a large viewing angle in this situation...

So, I am down to Plasma and ED because there is so much SD programming that we watch. That and movies. HD would only be about 10% of our viewing.

I am about ready to do it and the black frame flat panel Panny would look great in the middle of my Monolithic Sony stuff... Its just a dollars and sense deal... Not enough dollars or sense! LOL

ScottRCapt

Stunt Coordinator
A fella offered a trade for my DA5000ES. Wanted to send me a DA5ES...

But he sold the DA5ES outright a little while later...

I guess a direct sale is the best option but I would be open to some sort of barter...

I am surprised no one has pounced on this DA5000ES yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks