Sony STR-DA3700ES or STR-DA5700ES

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by evillama, Dec 3, 2011.

1. evillama

evillama Auditioning

Does anybody know if these are available yet, and from where? I know they're new and haven't been able to find them. Biggest desire for these are the 3-Zone OUT capabilities. (Can anybody confirm?) Want to be able to simultaneously 1) Watch a movie in the family room 2) Listen to a CD through the kitchen/dining room/living room speakers and 3) Listen to the radio over our home intercom system. I currenty use an STR-DA5ES to handle the above, but now need HDMI options. Thanks in advance. ENV

2. carios23

carios23 Auditioning

Yeah, I googled for them and ended up here... I was reading there were supposed to be out in November but they obviously missed the deadline... I guess wait for CES

3. Zerox

Zerox Auditioning

These will be available the last week of January. They will do 3 zones of audio, 2 zones HD video (but not HDMI into 2 zones). It does have 2 HDMI outs, but they are mirrored. The zone 2 component out is the matrix HD Video out. Hope that helps!

4. Zerox

Zerox Auditioning

Oh and the internal Radio (tuners) aren't available into Zone 3 on the 3700, only external sources are available into zone 3. The 5700 will allow this.

5. kevinkrohn

kevinkrohn Auditioning

http://www.abt.com/product/58970/Sony-STRDA5700ES.html Abt.com has it instock at the above link...one of them should work at least. Ordered mine this morning!