What's new

Sony S350 unable to play new releases (1 Viewer)

John Lloyd

Second Unit
I have tried playing "Milk" and "Pineapple Express" in the last few days and both discs were reported to be unplayable. I upgraded the firmware from version 0.07 to 0.15 and that did not make much of a difference.

I was able to load Pineapple Express once, but it froze after about 15 minutes. Subsequent attempts to reload all failed.

Has anyone been succesful in watching these titles on the Sony player?

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
Don't have those particular titles, sorry. One thing you might try is unplug the network, & disable the BD internet connection under BD/DVD viewing settings. Balky servers combined w/ BD-live discs have been known to sometimes cause problems on some titles, don't know about those titles specifically. Do you have the flash installed for BD-live?

Unfortunately BD-live in its current state is more trouble than it's worth IMO. Though I have no idea if that's your problem with these particular discs.

Just viewed Pineapple Express on this player yesterday without any problem. I have both USB and Network cable connected.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks