What's new

Sony RM-AV3000 Universal Remote (1 Viewer)

SeanA

Second Unit
Just wondering if I can get some opinions on this remote from anyone who may have had some experience with it ? I am considering the RM-AV3000 or Radio Shack's Kameleon. Price-wise it seems the Kameleon is hard to beat at about $60, but I saw where the RM-AV3000 can be had for $110 and free shipping. The RM-AV3000 has one big advantage I can see in that it has a capacity for 33 macros and I think the Kameleon has only 4-5.

SeanA

Second Unit
Well I went ahead and ordered the Sony for only $100 and free shipping. Maybe I will be able to answer my own question shortly. Along with my Sony KV-34XBR800 TV, I am hoping it will work with a Jensen remote antenna, Samsung HD receiver, and Toshiba DVD player.

I would still like to hear any opinions on the Sony or Kameleon.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Replaced my Sony AV2100 because it was to cumbersome and bulky to use. My wife bought if for me a few years ago for my b-day, but never really liked it...way to confusing.

I bought the Kameleon in October and haven't regretted it one bit. MUCH handier and much easier to program and use than the Sony's, not to mention cooler looking, and wife friendly. :)

It came preprogrammed to fit all my components including my Directv Ultimatetv...It also is future proof because I can download from the phone any and all updated codes.

It's the best bang for the buck remote out there in my opinion.

Unless you need tons of little buttons to play around with and tons of macroing needs, go for the Sony, but if you have a "normal" and fairly simple HT setup, the Kameleon will suite your needs to a T.

Alfer

Pete Moisan

Auditioning
I've had all three models of the Sony, and the new one is a huge improvement over the last two. It's thinner, feels better in the hand, and has more hard buttons for menu/up/down/left/right/exit.

All the macro room is nice to have, and you can name them too, up to 8 characters.

I haven't tried any of the other touchscreen remotes, so my opinion isn't very educated, but I couldn't be happier with the Sony.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks