Sony PS4 sold out at Amazon for launch day

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jeffery_H, Jun 13, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Jeffery_H

Jeffery_H Supporting Actor

Did not know if this has been posted, but the Sony PS4 has already sold out for arriving on launch day from Amazon and some retailers. If you go to Amazon now, only the "standard" edition is available which is exactly the same but NOT guaranteed to arrived on launch day, just on the next shipment from Sony whenever that is.

There have been a few news stories from Washington Post, blogs, etc. on this and it seems like Sony may indeed be dealing some heavy blows to the XB1 already. Of course, this is still way too early to know facts, but at least for now and the online orders say Sony is really fighting hard for the REAL gamers this time with the PS4.

2. Dave Upton

Dave Upton Owner
    Owner

Dave Upton
    I'm not shocked. Glad I have my Amazon pre-order locked in :)

3. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    They're showing some different launch bundles at the moment for a unit with the game. On Amazon.com anyway, it's yet to show up on amazon.ca :S

4. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    I luckily got my preorder in for the launch model.I was holding back buying a PS4.But when I saw how awful Xbox one looked and was presented, I quickly ordered a PS4.I refuse to buy a Xbox One.

5. Jeffery_H

Yep, got my PS4 on same day of E3 launch once I saw Microsoft wasn't chaning their policies. I am a PC gamer too and always buy boxed versions so the whole DRM thing pretty much sealed the deal for me. In fact, you can still find XB1 "launch day" versions available, but the PS4 by itself and not bundled with other stuff is not. So far, reports say they are selling 3-2 in favor of the Sony PS4.

If Microsoft does not change their policies before launch, which they could since most of this is simply software controlled in the OS for XB1, then I look for many gamers to make their voices heard by going with PS4 this time.

6. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    They keep adding launch units. I think the speculators and ebay rats are gonna be in for a shock.

7. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    I signed up to be notified when the PS4 would be on Amazon.ca. Never got an email, but it's up there now. No listing for any type of launch edition. I ordered it anyways, it says a Jan 7th 2014 delivery.

Ridiculous. At least I have lots of time to cancel it.

8. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    I preordered on Amazon.ca as soon as Sony finished their Press Conference at E3. My order has an estimated Delivery Date of Dec 9-11, 2013.

9. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Why do you suppose these are released so late in the year? Wouldn't it better to target summer, to build inventory and word of mouth for demand-limited (not supply limited) Christmas sales?

10. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Nope, that's not how it works. Constrained demand into a small window. Crazy economics

11. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    The weirdest release ever was Lego Ninjago -- early in the holiday season, I went to Toys R Us with my son, and they were demoing the first wave of sets and showing how to play the game (it's a spinning top variant; thus "spinjitzu"). It was neat, but the toys weren't for sale -- they told us that the actual release would be in January!

12. Jeffery_H

It all has to do with marketing and the Christmas season. That's what they want to release it for and hope demand from consumers and perhaps short supply will drive sells.