What's new

Sony KDSR60XBr1 Owners?Center channel speaker mounting ? (1 Viewer)

John_Yanotka

Agent
Any Sony KDSR60XBR1 owners out there? How do you have your center channel speakers mounted? I just purchased the new Paradigm CC-290. I went to place it in the matching Sony stand,it does not fit. I even tried to remove the top shelf of the stand,the brace for the top shelf is still in the way? Mounting the speaker on top of the television is not an option. I am in an apartment and do not want to put holes in the walls. I am only here until April.Anyone out there have any ideas? Thanks for your help.

I have that television. Most center channel speakers won't fit the matching stand. Since mounting the speaker to the top of the television is not an option (I agree), and you can't put holes in the wall, you are very limited.

I know this defeats the purpose of the tv stand you purchased, but about your only option will be a center speaker stand placed in front. You'll most certainly have to move your components to a different location (which presents a new problem). Since you'll only be at your current location a few months, you could also store your center speaker, and run in "phantom" center mode until you get to a place you can use a wall mount above the TV.

John_Yanotka

Agent
I was able to find a center channel speaker stand that sits pretty low. You are also able to angle the speaker upwards,so that will work out good. I already have another rack for the rest of my components.My Sony stand is just about empty. Only thing I have in there is my Monster Power HTS-2500II and my Direct TV HD receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks