What's new

Sony HTSS380 (1 Viewer)

robtheman

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob
I am remodeling my basement, and I would like to set up surround sound in the basement. The system is going to be secondary (the main entertainment system will be in the living room). It will be used mostly for TV and sporting events so I don't need a surround sound system that is going to break the bank. I'm currently looking at the Sony HTSS380. I would like to install the speakers in the wall. To do this, I plan on cutting a pocket for the speaker to sit in, then covering the pocket with some sort of mesh or grill to hide the speaker. I could also get some speakers that are built for wall/ceiling installation and purchase a receiver separately. It makes more sense to me to do the home theater in a box setup strictly on price. Does it make any difference in sound to do it this way vs. a made-for-wall-installation speaker? Any recommendations or advice is appreciated.

robtheman

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob
With in-wall speakers, I would need to get a separate receiver. Any recommendations for brands on the receiver and speakers? The HTSS380 was appealing because of the price point. I probably wouldn't want to spend anything over $500 for the setup, and I'm planning to run mid-grade Monster wire through the walls.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks