What's new

SOny HT-NT3 or Sony HT-ST7 (1 Viewer)

deliriousMickey

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
Hi

I am looking to buy a new/used soundbar. I can either go for a Sony HT-NT3 or Sony HT-ST7. They both are around 400W-450W range.

Sony HT-NT3 is newer model but is a 2.1 channel soundbar. New sleek design. Newer features.

Sony HT-ST7 is a couple of years old but comes with 7.1 channel. BIG soundbar (5 inches high). May not have new features when compared to HT-NT3, but provides more immersive sound. CNET rates it 7.0 points overall, which i think is not a very good rating.

I have never used any of them. Can I get suggestions from user on the soundbars.

and also is high resolution audio any good when watching Netflix/DVDs.

Thanks,

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
Hey Michael welcome to the Forum :welcome:

First off what is your budget for the project?
Are you married to a soundbar or are you open to other options?
Are you limited to only those two particular models that you mention because they are available to you?

When talking soundbars you need to know that they are a poor investment because they are throw away. You can't expand them, fix them or use them with anything else. Your money would be better spent on an AVR/amp, speakers and a sub. Normally you'll get better sound and you can reuse the speakers and sub with a different amplifier. If you want to upgrade the speakers just get new ones. With a soundbar your stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks