What's new

Sony HS10, Panny AE300, or Sanyo Z1???? (1 Viewer)

Gordon Groff

Second Unit
Easy answer. BIGGER SCREEN!
Great suggestion, Scot!
If my room were not already done with my 106" already installed and drywalled-in (along with my PJ mounting location). :)

Parker - the Sanyo PLV-60 looks good, but I'm still lusting over the lumens and contrast ratio of the PLV-70. It might be a good fall-back solution, though.

Gordon

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Yeah I have no problems at all with my 120" screen coming off of my l300u.

I wouldn't turn down the 70 either Gordon...if you can afford it go with it!

Gordon Groff

Second Unit
Okay, friends, I pulled the BIG TRIGGER yesterday afternoon.

Dropped a $10K bomb.

I got full WAF for the - now get this - Sanyo PLV-70 :D

What made this happen was simply ONE factor - light output. When I told Sweet Nancy that this PJ would be bright enough that we could have significant ambient light and still have a great image, she was ALL for it! She does not relish the idea of being constrained to a cave-dark room for hours on end. I explained that with this PJ, we could even hook it to regular TV and still have enough light to read/sort laundry/iron or whatever one does while watching TV if you wanted to. The added resolution & contrast won't hurt either. ;) Also- it has a longer throw to fit my mounting and screen locations.

FWIW, Larrylll came over last night with his Z1 so I could see the first organized photons hit my screen. STUNNING picture!!! The dalite high-contrast matte white screen improved the blacks and contrast over the white wall I saw it on before. Not a lot, but I think I could see an improvement. I also saw screendoor for the first time as we had the focus as sharp as possible. From a viewing distance, it is simply a pleasing "texture" to the image. I did not realize it was there until I got close enough to resolve the screendoor and recognize it for what it was. I can HIGHLY recommend the Z1 to anyone leaning that way. I haven't seen the Pann L300U, but from what I've read, it's in the same general PQ league as the Sanyo Z1. Talk about VALUE!!! I can simply trust (hope/believe) that the PLV-70 at over 3X the cost of a Z1 will be at least as good.

Having done all the research I could on these forums for the past 3-4 months, I was ready to pull the BIG trigger and also got:

Full Rocket system (RS750's w/risers, RSS300's, RS250's, and a RSC200 bigfoot)

SVS Ultra sub

Denon 3803 reciever.

BOOM! Instant Home Theater!! :D

I'll probably post a note of thanks on the forums about this.

Gordon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks