What's new

Sony HS10 - DC area? (1 Viewer)

Scot Kight

Grip
Please, forgive me if this is against the forum policies. I read through and didn't see anything saying dont ask for prices, but some sites really dont like these kind of posts...

As the disclaimer might indicate, I am looking for an HS10. The questions are, when where and how much? Local (northern virginia) is of course preferred, but mail order is ok too.

I went over to Myer Emco last night to check out the hs10 demo, and it is as advertised. Wonderful image, blacks could be better (cinema filter was not installed, I am positive after calibration and with the cinema or cc40r installed it would be perfect.) Screendoor was visable, but not from 10' away. In short I would have absolutely no problem using it as my primary HT viewing system.

Unfortunately they are backordered (like everywhere it seems) and the price is a bit higher than I would like to pay.

Thanks everyone!
Scot

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Might be difficult. Sony is having some problems with the bulbs I believe. You may want to wait if you want a HS10.

Scot Kight

Grip
Ok before this rumor goes any further. Without proof of the "bulb issue" please don't comment on it. Talking to the retailers/internet shops that are just out of stock, they are getting new units in on schedule, just not enough of them. That is exactly like the canon d60 camera which has no "faults" as far as canon is concerned, its just hard to make enough of them.

My issue is just trying to find retailers/mail order places who have the unit in stock at a decent price. Sony's customer service is the pits, as we all know. Please order it from sonystyle.com which is not something I will be doing any time soon.

Scot

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks